Body, Paint & Styling HELP! Tailgate spoiler template required!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Tuesday 2nd Jul, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought an Acura TSX tailgate (deck lid) spoiler off US ebay for 60 bucks for my Accord.

As it was in different colour, I had it painted by my dealer and it turned out great.

However, when it came down to installation today, I was badly disappointed. :Aghast: The dealer was unable to install it as there was no template inside the package!!! :Angry: So the dealer didn't know where to drill (there are 4 holes to be drilled into the trunk). Furthermore, my dealer told me the template could not be ordered directly from Honda because it's part of the 350 EUR package.

So I am in big trouble now!!!! Can anyone help me out and share a spare template or instruct me what to do? CJ?

P.S. I wish to drill the trunk as it is what Honda says, I don't want to use double sided tapes...

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you'll have to make your own template after making lots of measurements and using lots of masking tape to mark up desired location etc

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The problem is that I'm not good at stuff like that, that's why I want my dealer to install it (and he doesn't want to bother with measurements because he doesn't want any liability).

Is it possible that nobody has this template tool?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nick that template comes with the original kit only, your dealer is correct nor can they go onto MaRIS and download and print that template as it does not exist on the database. It printed off master drawing at the printers and inserted into each box at the vendor.

Only thing I can say is to mock up spoiler on soft cardboard cut it out then practice the template on wood drill holes mount the spoiler without removing the double sided tape and make adjustment for your final template.

It will take time but that the only way then once you are finished upload them here:Wink:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    let me see if I can locate it on my datastore.

6. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey CJ, if you don't help with this nobody will :Smile:

I just wonder why would Honda do something like this... I searched for the appropriate Acura TSX template tool (the part number is 07AAG-TL2A120), and it's well over $100??!! Are they crazy?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    http://handa-accessories.com/tsx/10trunk.pdf

There is the above stencil like you say but that will last a lifetime and an overkill for your once application. The states having a high turnover of cars makes sense to make a stencil rather than a paper template.

I can't find a paper template for the CU1,2 & 3 there is none. During the HH sale how many from here bought that spoiler did anyone save that template?

If they can help but your final way is to make your own.

8. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the explanation, buddy.

If it's a paper template as you say, then I'd just need to borrow that paper from someone... Or perhaps someone can have it scanned in 1:1 and post it here.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP mate, do we know who bought those spoilers from here? did Jace buy one? send him a PM.

I will ask HH when I speak to them if they get a customer fitting it to save the template. spread the word around the more you do someone will get back to you.

Just be patient thou

10. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes mate, there's no other option for me but to be patient and wait.

I will check on a local Honda forum as well.

Thanks for all the clarifications...

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    NP bud someone will soon appear out of the woodwork with the template.

12. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ, is there a video DIY guide on making a drilling template?

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds