ICE & HFT Help to choose new stereo

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by RogerH69, Thursday 22nd Jan, 2015.

?

Please select the stereo you would recommend, or reply with a make and model you would recommend

1. JVC KW-V30BT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. JVC KW-V40BT

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Kenwood DDX4025DAB

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    So I'm due to come back to UK tomorrow and I decided that until Android Auto is released and supported by the big names, I'm going to hang back a little bit from using my phone with my stereo. What I currently have works really nicely, but is limited, and as my main requirement when choosing the stereo was that it must fully support Android, my options were limited (in my price range).

I've now decided I would rather be able to play DVDs, MP3s (natively on the head unit) and plug in USB sticks. Having DAB+ would also be a nice bonus.

My main requirements are therefore -
    - DVD / MP3 compatibility (not negotiable)
    - BlueTooth for phone (can leave off if absolutely have to)
    - DAB+ (would be nice, but can do without)
    - Double Din (not negotiable, as it must accept rear camera input)

I've got a few listed below that I am looking at,, that are in my price range (up to about 250 - 300 quid) -

JVC KW-V30BT
    JVC KW-V40BT
    Kenwood DDX4025DAB - this one has DAB+ AND BT

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    That second JVC unit looks good, is it worth getting a unit with DAB? I was told they are changing the DAB format.

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

No idea about them changing format, but DAB is not that important to be honest, and you can always get accessories that will allow you to pick up DAB with your current stereo

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kenwood for me personally Rog .

5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

I DO like the look of the Kenwood unit @Ichiban

6. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided to go ahead with a Pioneer AVH-X2700BT. It's a new model, and in my price range, and will allow me to use the cables, stalk adaptor, etc. I already have installed. I also like the new interface that Pioneer is putting on their head units. I just ordered it on Amazon, and it should be with me in a couple of days. It doesn't do AppRadio mode the same way that my existing unit does, so I won't be able to get full screen mirroring with my Nexus 5. and it also doesn't have a built in GPS antenna, but neither of these are big issue for me, as it's more important that I have DVD and MP3 playback, and I have my Garmin SatNav for navigation.