Engine & Gearbox help! wheres beefy i need to give him some info.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by david garrington, Sunday 3rd May, 2015.

1. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    my accord got towed to Holdcroft from crewe where i was on friday when i found the oil level full again a week after emptying nearly a liter out of the sump.bit of background fri 24 apr i found car had near 1 cm over top mark on dipstick ,drained oil to leave oil level mid point beetween marks .chkd again on wed 29th still ok but by fri morning this week just gone oil level was back to full,so i rang Holdcroft straight away and told them i didnt want to drive car any further ,long story short got recovered by aa honda assist patrol found on checking my injector timings that cyl 3 was at 3.7 secs open time all others ok at 2.5-2.6 secs,agreed with me bad idea drive any further and recovery intiated.car arrived Holdcroft late friday after noon,waiting till tues after bank hols for outcome.word of warning if you don't chk your oil regularly start now you may save your engine from a runaway!keepin my fingers crossed i got no damage engine was running normal no smoke no ECU light MPG at 48.4 on dash only thing to alert me to something out of ordinary was slight tappety noise at idle when manouvering which disappeared on light acceleration.suspect no 3 injector leaking fuel into sump and filling it up.dg.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    ah well theyll find it on tuesday when theyve had a break its in the yard.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    not had time to surf the net but ime here now! ade has had a look into your accord yesterday @david garrington no abnormal noise from the engine you will be glad to hear. no 3 injector quantity is definatly a lot higher than the rest. were continuing to look into it buddy. keep you posted

5. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    hi adam thankes for the
    reassurance i was kept a bit in the dark as to what was happening so popped into HH today early whilst i was dropping wife off at nul hospital spoke to tony on front desk ,he informed me you may have to pull head off to investigate why diesel reached the sump in the first place,i was a bit taken aback by that iw ould have thought diesel being diesel would have easily reached the sump if unburned and leaking from injector in sufficient quantity.however i,ll be quiet and patient and sit in the corner whilst you and your chums sort it out.good to know its in good hands.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    That is worst case senario. We will carry out cylinder compression tests first and have the injectors tested. Certainly something we haven't come across on a non-DPF honda. Strange how there is no excess smoke or misfire. We will get to the bottom of it.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Essentially fuel should not pass the piston rings and into the sump. It should be burnt fully. Diesels ignite through high compression of the air/fuel mix and a high pressure injection mist of fuel. These high pressures mean if there is wear for instance to a piston ring or incorrect fueling it's more likely that some passes the rings and into the sump. As you may have been aware there were problems with early idetecs due to the fueling perameters when re-gening the DPF's.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As you pointed out the 3 injector was over fuelling so the diesel is getting pumped into the oil as it not getting combusted? Replace the injector flush the oil and recalibrate all the injectors them and do a data capture and drive by with HIM to capture info what the car is doing.

9. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    hi adam thanks for replys and insights in to whats likely to be happening within the engine i have transport for the week ahead [borrowing sons landy 90 ]it sits idle all week anyway while he beavering away in the bentley factory in crewe.if poss i,d like to get my car back before the 17th but its not a crisis if it can't be managed it,ll have to stay where it is until i return from italy on 24th of the month.thanks again for putting the effort in to fix it up.