Exhaust System HELP with exhaust please....

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by fast_esi, Tuesday 18th Feb, 2014.

1. fast_esi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everybody i'm not sure if is a right place to post but here it goes I have a accord 7th Generation 2.0L and comes only with one back exhaust so I was thinking to put like two on the back but also I need to know if I can pass on M O T with it well by the pic I explain myself....
    B__0200.
    on the exhaust pipe we have two boxes right after cat so I was thinking cut the middle one put straight and finish with two on the end but the question is pass on the MOT like that???also I want something like vibrant
    modp_1002_04_o+project_dc2_integra_k20_swap_conclusion+vibrant_performance_StreetPower_muffler.
    but I don't know the size of the diameter of the accord this muffler max is 3 inch....
    I've been looking where I live in Plymouth someone does customs exhausts but anybody does frustrating anybody even on garages says something about what I have in mind....
    Can someone over here with exhaust already give me opinion and some help Please??

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your car will pass the MOT test with two back boxes don't see that being a issue as long as it done right. as for the palces whoc can do this just search for "Plymouth custom exhaust" in google bud you have a few options.:Thumbup:

3. fast_esi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much for your reply good to know and without the middle box will PAS as well right?? I search on Google and only one garage comes up I went there yesterday and they said to me is no longer working with exhaust because don't give enough money....so I have one in 40 miles away and another one in 60 miles away... is annoying.... but my question was really if pass on MOT I heard some people have the CAT but empty still passing on MOT???

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You won't pass an MOT without a catalytic converter whatsoever, the test involves checking for one. There's also the emissions test, broadly speaking some cars would pass without a cat but it's not the norm.

It's against the forum rules to discuss de-cat or removing the DPF on diesel cars so I'll stop there. But we'll happily answer other exhaust related questions :Smile:

5. fast_esi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply an sorry about the topic but I din't know about that....I will be honest seems a quite stupid been asking this things but my problem is I'm from another country and in my country is allowed a lots of things and here I don't know what is allowed or not that is the only reason why I'm getting on these topics but I would be really happy if this community can give me more information about the rules and the laws because I don't want drive and get fine....I hope the people over here understand....

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can’t pass the MOT emission test for a petrol car without a catalytic convertor in UK, you can make the modification for your twin exhaust back boxes whilst retaining your catalytic convertor

For more info what you can do and can’t do from a MOT perspective have a read of this MOT Documentation Contents Page

7. fast_esi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got that but the middle box like silencer... can I eliminate that one as well???

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can modify any part of it,just need to retain the cat.

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now the boring bit.

If you modify tell your insurance company, as some will use non disclosure as a reason not to pay out.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

This. For me changing anything and everything on my exhaust system costs me just £17.50 to declare on my insurance, it's not worth not telling them.

11. fast_esi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good point but Tell them to cover the exhaust or in case of accident they don't pay the repair because we didn't tell them the mod even if on the repair they put a standard one??? I look on my insurance papers and didn't says anything is why I'm asking....

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes, in any circumstance where there is modifications to your vehicle in Britain and it's not declared, your insurance policy can be deemed invalid and you're left with footing the bill yourself. You can also get a hefty fine/point on your driving license.

Some insurances providers are more strict than others on what needs to be declared, but it's always best to check. Exhaust modifications will almost always need declaring. Some even want any non-standard stickers declaring, seriously.