ICE & HFT Help with Hands-Free Please

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by k9car, Monday 27th Oct, 2014.

1. k9car Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

k9car warwickshire
    My hubby's 08 CR-V has issues with the hands free phone, it won't recognise blutooth and keeps giving the message system is locked what is the four digit code, looked through papers that came with the car but can't find any code, any idea what to do?
    Thanks.

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Could this not be the PIN for the SIM card ? I don;t know the CR-V and how it's bluetooth system works, but I guess it could also be some sort of factory code ?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. k9car Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

k9car warwickshire
    Reading the manual it says that code can be put in by yourself, obviously the previous owner has done this and now we don't know te code, it alao says tge system can be cleared by using the voice control thing but when I try to clear it it keeps coming back with a series of numbers then says incorrect!

5. sredez403 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sredez403 Burgas/Bulgaria
    Try with 0000

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    As above, it sounds like you're just talking about the Bluetooth pairing code.

7. itsthelick Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

you have to tell the HFT unit the code, then put it into phone when requested.

get on you tube and search for honda hands free set up, its done on an accord in the video but works the same for the CR-V

8. k9car Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

k9car warwickshire
    Thanks but I don't have the code, it was put in by the previous owner, it just keeps saying the system is blocked, I'm taking it back to the dealer on Friday and they are going to clear it for me.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Ah in which case it's definitely the radio code, you've already gone the right route as Honda only action requests for the code in person. If memory serves, it's normally in the log book where you're model details and VIN are listed.

10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Factory code is 1111. Most people never change it.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This code is what the previous owner put on for security if there are multiple users of the car with different phones paired on the car, it can be the same as the pairing code but it can be different. If you want it unlocked its a dealer visit or with someone with a HDS.