Introductions hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ChrisF, Wednesday 15th Oct, 2014.

1. ChrisF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Glasgow
    Hi,

My name is Chris, I've got a 2004 2.0 Accord i-VTEC sport in Arctic Blue Pearl with Grey Penta Wheels. It's at about 118k and spent 5 years on the motorway for getting to work, but thesedays only doing small miles into the city only. It's mostly standard, I've added the xcarlink system for the iPhone and just stuck a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's on it which have made a huge difference to the ride/handling. I'm planning to refurb the alloys as the coating is peeling in places soon and all round discs and shoes, maybe a twin exit exhaust when the factory one needs replacing.

It's been a great car for the 7 or so years I've owned it and I'm planning on keeping it till something majorly expensive goes bang. Hopefully many years before that happens as i love this car.

74688_10151507161612136_1223677914_n.jpg?oh=361bca43d437718ad86219faad626eb1&oe=54EFDBA4

Sprockutt, DeviateDefiant and MickyB like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello @ChrisF and welcome to HK. :garage: What did you have on before fitting the Goodyear Eagles?

3. ChrisF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Glasgow
    Originally it had a full set of pirelli p6000s but through various punctures and just having to take what the garage had a the time to get somewhere, it ended up a mishmash of cheap budget rubbish tyres. I had a proper blow out thanks to a piece of metal wire on the motorway so just decided to get it a whole new set recently.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye: and :welcome: to the club Chris

You have the same sentiment as me I've owned my 7th Generation Type-S for about 8 years now and I love it to bits, and even if there was something expensive wrong with it I still wouldn't get rid. It's just a pure dream to drive.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    :welcome: to HK. I have a new set of F1 eagles on my car too, you are right, makes a great difference. From Bridgestones to the F1's, so much more grip and stability but that could also be as I went from 16" to 17" rims at the same time.

Do the alloy refurbs yourself, so satisfying. (reminds me, I need to put up my DIY)

MickyB likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome Chris get some more pictures of your ride in the garage.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome @ChrisF, Arctic Blue Pearl always looks good. The stock Pentas are prone to peeling in later life, props on getting some decent tyres on - to me it's one of the places you really can't skimp on a car :Smile:

9. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Hi Chris. Interesting point you and Nighthawk make about the Eagle F1's - I'll be needing 4 new tyres soon so I think I might go for them too.

10. Nighthawk Guest

Hope to see your car in the garage when you get them fitted.

11. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Lol. You're persistent mate I'll give you that. :Laughing:

12. Nighthawk Guest

After being married for so long, its become second nature.... :Laughing:

DeviateDefiant and dbrooks65 like this.
  13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You'll find all the staff push garage entries as it's much easier to help members and identify with them when their car's in their signature :Smile:

14. ChrisF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Glasgow
    I really like them, previously i had some really awful 94 XL tyres fitted and this time its the right spec 91 Load ones. They're much quieter and grip like a scotsman on a £10 note. I've caned it through roundabouts in the wet just to see if they would let go and honestly, you wouldn't know the road was wet. Very comfortable on the motorway.

Its the Eagle F1 Asymetric 2s i have fitted, they were only 89.50 at KwikFit (if you quote the online price at a retail branch) which is a bargain IMHO.

The only thing I'm unsure about (and i didn't see until after i bought them) is that Goodyear rate them as 1/5 for winter. But to be honest, I did 5 years on the M77 (Fenwick Moors) worst winters on budgets, I think I'll survive!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Totally agree, love the Arctic Blue Pearl, it is quite prone to road rash but from a couple of feet with a fresh coat of wax, Mr H looks pretty close to new. For a 10yr old car with 118k on the clock. You really wouldn't know. Honda build them right, I love that. It's not a parts bin car, it's properly engineered.

Considering the amount of Grit on our roads up here in the winter, I'm not surprised they are flaking. I think a refurb at 10yrs old is reasonable. I've had whole new cars die quicker (it was a fiat though...euchhh hell of a mistake).
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've put up the 2 i have, I'll sort some out at the weekend :Smile:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

The build quality on the 7th Gens is excellent, there's a few common niggles but way less than most. The only issue on mine at the moment is a bumper/front bumper littered with stone chips.

We've all had that car which brought us to Honda quality in the first place :Laughing:

16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Chris :welcome:

17. ChrisF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Glasgow
    It would have to be

Yep, I've had their seized rear calipers of doom... a few times, swimming pool in the rear footwells (lower windscreen seal).

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hah, the rear calipers are renowned for it, though the lower windscreen seal isn't all that common!

19. ChrisF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Glasgow
    I blame autoglass myself lol

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I should've shared this picture before I had exactly the same colour 7th Generation with Pentas except mine was SE entry level model. She's not looking very clean here :Blushing: but for some reason I haven't got any better pictures which is strange as I loved that car. :Wub::lol:

DSCN1033.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Found this other one but again the car is filthy. I always wash cars regularly so it's a bit embarrassing but it's the only downside of Arctic Blue it does show the road salt and muck. Hard to find a better colour when it's just been cleaned and detailed though.

DSCN1784.JPG