Introductions Hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by peter2601, Wednesday 29th Oct, 2014.

1. peter2601 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

manc
    Hey,

Thought I'd say hello.
    Selling my 3rd Generation MR2 tomorrow then going to pick up my 2000 Accord SE Exec, went for a test drive and seemed quite good!
    Only 69k on the clock.

Cheers,
    Pete

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello and welcome to HK Pete.:welcome:
    You'll find a huge wealth of Honda information here, plus a great group of 6th Generation owners.
    Don't forget to add your new girl to the Club Garage. We love to see all Hondas and it also helps us when helping you.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Pete :Hey:

4. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Welcome :Yahoo:

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Hello and :welcome:to HK. That's a big change, MR2 to Accord?

6. peter2601 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

manc
    Thanks for the welcome.

Will get some pics up ASAP. Reason for the change is the MR2 is not exactly practical, especially in winter.. RWD, weighs as much as a brick and mid engined... not a good combo! :Lipsrsealed:

Need something more practical, bigger and more comfortable, this seemed ideal!

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to Honda Karma - must say, I have always had a soft spot for the 1st Generation MR2's with the 1600 4AGE engine, never liked the shape of the 3rd Generation much. Drove quite a few but just never got round to buying one.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new car in the garage when you get her and hearing more about her. What is her overall condition like? Are you keeping her standard or do you have plans for her?

8. peter2601 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

manc
    I do like 1st Generation MR2's, bascially bought the 3rd Generation as a summer car... that was 2 and a half years ago, is a fun car and fuel economy on it was astonishing for what it is.

Condition is great, a pic I took the other day.

Only problems from what I can tell so far are the aerial has snapped off, would it be possible to change this to a standard rubber/plastic non motorised? And the key fob doesnt work, could be battery could be something more.

Attached Files:

Nighthawk and FarHanSolo like this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. FarHanSolo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Farhan Milton Keynes
    Hiya Pete,

Those 6s are very cool indeed. I had a 1999 Saloon SE Executive in Satin Silver Metallic. An absolute dream, especially when VTEC kicked in. Only a 1.8 too!

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Nighthawk Guest

SE Exec - so lots of toys to play with as well.

There are quite a few owners here who may be able to advise about the aerial as they have gen6's of their own however there do seem to be numerous ones for sale on ebay so the option is there I imagine @Chunkylover53

12. peter2601 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

manc
    I'm just looking forward to be able to drive without spraining my foot... i'm 6"2 so fitting in the mr2 was a bit of a challenge haha.

Thinking of sacking off the motorised aerial, personally think they look a bit too retro, think a black rubber stumpy thing would look better. The main thing is I hope this car is as reliable as people say. Going to get timing belt done cos unsure if its been done yet.

13. FarHanSolo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Farhan Milton Keynes
    You could always pop your head out of the tilt and slide sunroof, lol. Apparently a production VTEC engine has never failed to date. Let's hope your new pride and joy is not the first.

14. Nighthawk Guest

Does she have full service history? how many owners etc?

Hondas are very reliable, especially petrols. Those VTEC engines are absolutely bullet proof. Obviously you have to be a little careful and do your research into the history of the car and give her a good check over before you take her away, the way it was treated etc, but as a general rule, they are absolutely bullet proof.

How did she feel on the test drive?

15. FarHanSolo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Farhan Milton Keynes
    As an aside Nighthawk, how do I get an email notification when people comment on my posts? I only saw a load of comments as I logged on this site and saw alerts in red at the top right so felt a bit bad about responding less speedily than I would normally expect to.

16. peter2601 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

manc
    Stamps in service book up until 62k, so probably due a service aswell. Checked MOT history online and mileage matches up. Two previous owners, last once since 2007 I believe.

Felt good on test drive, I didnt get the chance to push it hard, but it obv felt less quick than my MR2 which is same BHP and probs half the weight haha.

Is it just the drivers seat that is heated? There only two buttons one for back and one for bum?

17. Nighthawk Guest

@FarHanSolo , without hijacking this too much, you should get them automatically. Go here - http://hondakarma.com/account/preferences

Check to see if the box which says "and receive email notifications of replies" is ticked or unticked.

If it is, then check your junk mail and I know there used to be problems with Yahoo email addresses but this should have been all resolvled by now

@peter2601, get the garage to service her again as part of the sale agreement, or do her yourself depending on your level of mechanical experience. I personally prefer the latter as I know that it has then been done properly. I have never had a gen 6 so I cannot comment on the heated seats, but someone will be able to advise shortly.

18. FarHanSolo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Farhan Milton Keynes
    Thanks about the email.

Two heated seats, passenger's bum and yours!