Introductions Hey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Skilzo, Sunday 10th Nov, 2013.

1. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey everyone thinking about changing my car to an accord in April so came on here to have a nosy and to see what to look out for etc :Thumbup:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the site Skilzo, if you've got any more criteria for your new car (use, mileage, budget etc.), I'm sure we can help you find the right one!

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC.
    Have a look around,lots of useful info on what to look out for.

4. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am looking at either the ATR, 2.0 or 2.4 gen 7 petrol and will have around £5000 to spend on one

Does the mileage really make much difference being a Honda? of course lower the better

Thanks for the welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks very much will be doing my nosy at everything just so I can get a good one :Smile:

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I guess good service history for me would be more important then mileage but of course lower the better.
    £5000 should get you a decent 2.4 7th Generation.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

An ATR will run all of £1200-2500 dependant on condition. You'll find an awful lot have been heavily abused.

With the 7th Gens, you can find early high mileage models as cheap as £1500 now, decent bets run £2500+. There's many minor improvements on the Facelift (06-08) models compared to Pre-Facelift, but their you're looking at exhausting/exceeding your budget. I spent 2 months looking for the perfect deal before I pulled the plug :Thumbup:

What matters far more is the service history, how well has the car been maintained, was it used a solid motorway cruiser or a punished city runabout? I'd actually stay clear of extremely low mileage cars as they're almost certainly runabouts or long-lengths of sitting without being stored correctly.

CL7/CL9s internationally, a few are pushing 400k miles without major issues. It all depends on how well the previous owner has maintained the car.

7. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have seen a few of the 2.4 7th Generation but they are all high mileage but like the Type-S just looks that little better

I was thinking that about the Type-R especially with being able to pick them up cheap now

I will be having a really good look about for a decent one don't want to rush into buying

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

This is true, I'm in the process of upgrading mine at the moment to Facelift Type-S (no chrome), eventually going onto a full Mugen Aero lip kit.

ivVCqbC.

Just be careful as so many of them are heavily punished :Thumbup:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  9. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That one looks awesome really like that is there much of a difference between the 2.0 and 2.4? I think I may go 7 gen

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Quite a bit, the 2.0s are about 147BHP at the crank, the 2.4s are 187BHP roughly. There's an awful lot more power potential in the 2.4 than the 2.0.

11. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guess that's something to think about when getting one what sort of power can be made from the 2.4s?

Thanks for all your advice

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Naturally aspirated "all motor", the top power I've seen come out of a K24 is 275HP at the wheels (stock 2.4 at the wheels is about 145WHP). Forced induction the sky is the limit, a guy in the states is going for 800HP on his build.

The K20A Accord Euro-R 7th Generation which didn't come out in this country is about 220HP (175WHP) stock. That's the more popular choice for power builds, higher compression on the head. I'm eventually porting a K20A (or K20A2) head onto my K24 bottom end if all goes to plan.

13. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds like you have a good plan to me there doesn't seem to be many 2.4s up here one I have found has over 100,000 on the clock

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd buy a petrol with 150,000 on the clock if it had full service history :Thumbup: That's probably just me though, I have a very "it can be fixed" attitude to car problems.

Mine's at 89k now and engine wise seems bulletproof, few cosmetic issues though that I'm in the process of sorting mind.

15. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It can always be fixed or replaced :Smile: Is there not a selling place on here see if anyone has anything interesting?

Hondas are pretty good engine wise if they have been looked after are they not?

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There is, however you can't see it until you hit a certain post threshold (25 I believe). There's not many cars themselves sold through members on the site anyway.

The most reliable in the world we like to believe, Honda consistently top reliability charts. It's very rare you find an issue a member is having on the site, and it's actually down to a motor issue. You can find Hondas around the world on hundreds of thousands of miles. still with the stock engines. This guy is on 750,000 miles on his Civic, only major work was $2k when it was on 385,000 miles.

17. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a few more posts to go then :Smile:

I just sat and read that there its awesome how many miles that car has done

DeviateDefiant likes this.