ICE & HFT HFT Problem

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jjbennett, Saturday 28th Feb, 2015.

1. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    Tried to search but couldn't find anything so im sorry if this has been asked before.

I've just bought a 2008 accord ex gt and i can't get the HFT to understand me, i say 'phone set up' and it just responds with all sorts of nonsense...is there a way around this or is the blutooth function now useless to me?

thanks in advance!

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi, welcome!
    Did you get the owners manuel with the car? If 'yes': did you check it?

3. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    yeah I've read it and I've looked online for videos.....all say you set it up using the voice commands....but i just can't get it to understand me, no matter how i speak. and i can't seem to find anywhere in the menus to set it up without the voice commands

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I have few experience with the factory build in HFT (own myself the HAC-E HFT). But I remember having set up my Phone in an Accord Executive HFT with some menu, don't remember any issues. But don't remember anymore what buttons I used (it's more than 2 years ago).

5. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    I've sorted it, i was pressing the wrong talk button like an idiot

i-DSI likes this.
  6. Nelf Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Sheffield
    LOL, you are not alone, i did exactly the same thing when I first used it...