Electrical & Lights HFT problem

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by box55555, Saturday 30th Mar, 2013.

1. box55555 New Member Getting Started

Changed mobile. Drove me mad trying to get the system to respond to bind new handset.

Got there in the end, but the system is not happy with broad Gloucestershire accent. Took an hour and lots of hair pulling.

Woked fine for 4 weeks.

The phone now cannot see the car.

Can I test to see if the system is still working or can the garage run their PC to find out if the Blue tooth is working.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Rog K:Angry:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited: Sunday 30th Mar, 2014
  3. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Rog,

Where are you, I live in Churchdown, work in Cheltenham, might see you driving around.

The HFT takes some practice, also worth doing a system reset when you get a new phone, makes it easier to pair them.

Cheers

Rich

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds silly - but make sure your new phone is "discoverable" because if it isnt, then the car is unlikely to locate your phone either. AFAIK, the bluetooth on the Accord is always "on" so no reason for it not to be discoverable by other devices.

5. box55555 New Member Getting Started

Hi Rich

I live in Springbank, Cheltenham, so just down the road from you.

Regards Rog K

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, but the phone did bind to the car and has worked for 4 weeks. Now the phone cannot see the car, even though you can still see the Hond HFT, on the phone menu. Its a Huawei G300.

Regards
    Rog K

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Rog,

I'll wave if I see you, I'm in a grey 58 reg Tourer.

Seen an Accord coming up Shurdington road a few times.

Check your phone is compatible:

Honda Handsfree

Cheers

Rich

QUOTE=box55555;36110]Hi Rich

I live in Springbank, Cheltenham, so just down the road from you.

Regards Rog K

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, but the phone did bind to the car and has worked for 4 weeks. Now the phone cannot see the car, even though you can still see the Hond HFT, on the phone menu. Its a Huawei G300.

Regards
    Rog K[/QUOTE]