Electrical & Lights HFT system locked

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by accordsedan, Friday 17th Feb, 2012.

1. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Help please!! I've done a bit of a search around but can't find any info. I just got my accord today (yay!!!!) I've been trying to get the HFT to work. it seems the previous owner has locked it with a passcode. it keeps saying "the system is locked, what is the 4-digit password".
    Any help on how to reset/unlock it? or is it a trip to the Honda dealer?

ps. I've tried the obvious 1234, 0000 etc

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Bud,

You have three option one of them is to try clearing the password yourself.
    • Start the car
    • Hit the HFT pick up button the steering wheel
    • say SETUP
    • Hear the two option hit the HTF pick up button and say CLEAR
    • she will say this will delete all previous data would you like to continue?
    • hit the button and say yes
    • if that works that will clear the HFT system of all known config back to factory defaults
    Second option go back to the dealer and they will attach the HDS and clear the system for you

Third you come to me and I will do the above for FREE.

3. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks, I'm pretty sure i tried saying setup and the damn thing just wants the password first. I actually bought the accord from a Mercedes dealer! I might call him and see if he can contact the previous owner for the code, hoping it wasnt the owner before that!! I would go to Honda but I'm sure they'd want to charge me for doing it :Frown:

Thanks for the offer too, but Leeds is a bit far from London... but id love to take it for a long drive sometime :Grin:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fair enough bud I can understand it a tad far, how about trying the other possible random passwords?
    like 4321 9999 2525 1397 1236 3214

these are normally what people use.

5. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah i tried all these combos plus others... i also tried saying setup, but as soon as u hit the button the woman asks for the password :Frown: I might just have to call the local Honda dealer and see what they say.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The dealers will be able to clear that for you no problems, if there is a fault then you need to take it back to the Mercedes dealer.

Hopefully its not the case.

7. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just didn't want Honda dealer to say yes we can do that for you but we have to charge labour @ £60 per hour plus VAT, minimum 2 hours charge even if its a 10 minute job!!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The job is 5 minutes I can do it with my eyes close. Hours you know you want to be questioning it.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Another obvious code might be 1111.

Well you've only got 10000 possible combinations, it's only a matter of time.

It might cost you less in fuel on a round trip to Leeds if Honda charge you an hours labour. Plus you get to meet CJ which is priceless.

If the Merc dealer gave you a warranty can you get them to foot the cost of the diagnostic/reset?

10. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I just rang my local Honda dealer. The bloke said that my unit would have to be taken out and sent over to Belgium to get it unlocked!!! I challenged him on this and he said that I better call on Monday and speak to "Steve" as he wasn't 100% sure in the end.

I also rang the mercedes dealer i bought the accord from, he is going to try and get the code of the previous owner, failing that he will happily pay the service charge for Honda to unlock it with the HDS. So I'm making progress :Smile:

11. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Have you tried the owner's handbook?...there are instructions about it in there.

12. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes, it says if you have forgotten your password then to contact the honda dealer..

I rang another honda dealer just now, its a bit further away than the first one i called. The guy there confirmed he can sort it with the HDS and will cost about £20. Looks like i will just take it there instead now. I've dealt with this dealer before when I had my Accord Coupe and they were pretty good.

13. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok its now sorted.. i have the code off the previous owner.. now I've cleared the system and im good to go!! problem solved :Smile:

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Result thats saved some ££'s then :Smile:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  16. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just paired my iPhone 4S and it works great! :Smile:

17. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Good result!

18. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Glad to hear you got the code in the end. Always a problem when getting a used car - people hardly ever pass the codes on.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Plus one,iPhone 4S integration into HFT is seamless and there is no hiccups at all .

20. accordsedan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im not sure who I love more... Honda or Apple.. I'm torn!!! :Grin: