ICE & HFT "HFT without related buttons" possible?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by mertcan, Tuesday 28th Jul, 2015.

1. mertcan New Member Getting Started

Turkey mert Ankara
    Hello everyone,
    I have a Civic hb 1.4 i-VTEC (without navigation). The streering wheel does not have any HFT buttons or etc, is it possible that my car has HFT feature?
    Today strangely the screen above music player started to show little phone icon (which I found out to be related with HFT) and my music player does not work. No matter what I have done I couldn't get rid of that icon and make my music player work again. wer.

My car car's inside is similar like below (on the left side of wheel no buttons), so I don't have any HFT buttons but somehow the screen shows as if I have... How is this possible? Is there any way to get rid of this phone icon and listen to music again? :Frown:
    I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. mertcan New Member Getting Started

Turkey mert Ankara
    ***SOLVED***
    The problem is gone. I inserted a CD and removed (twice) and then the phone icon is gone and music player started working.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff a LED glitch then

4. mertcan New Member Getting Started

Turkey mert Ankara
    probably, on some local forum page Civic owners say that there is a chronic problem with that screen. they say it is related with the solder on the circuit of screen (this seems to be the main reason that some letters are seen blurry or not totally complete). So one needs to take the screen out and redo the solder (or just heat and reshape the solder to prevent any untouching part or etc)

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never been a fan of LED displays in cars and motorcycles I prefer the good old dials and analogue.

mertcan likes this.
  6. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    So do I CJ.
    With the Saab's incontinence I went to look at a 1.8 i-VTEC today, really just to get an idea of the internal space (the 9-3's boot has spoiled me for smaller cars), which I liked. However the thought of all the electronics / digital readout puts me off...