Introductions Hi. 2006 2nd Generation CR-V iCtdi . Over 100mpg

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 06_ictdi, Tuesday 12th Apr, 2016.

1. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Chris London, ish
    But only when it's on the back of the AA recovery wagon.

Have has it 8 years, Only ever problem was a crank position sensor. Diagnosed by computer.
    Paid about £40 for the part,
    Quite hard to access, to change it.

Now something in electrical/charging.

Not much else to say really?

Ichiban likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Chris :Hey:

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK Chris.. Sorry to hear that it has broken down but maybe it needed a rest after 8 years of service. Hope you are back on the road soon

4. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tks
    It's been nice to own, would have another the same in a heartbeat. It's getting a little noisier etc now, but still OK.
    Always around 37-44mpg, can't complain though some would do better.
    We could use another car. Not sure what else to get
    The 3rd Generation doesn't appeal somehow.
    We had a brand new top of the range latest model (is that 4th Generation?) a year ago when ours was driven into. £33,000 ! think, which seems too much (ours cost £11k at 2 years old).
    OK car, but a much "fatter" vehicle, and a heck of a lot of bits to go wrong

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yeah the new ones are 4th Generation.. I think if you look deeper you can find some pretty good deals on them, Just the other day one of our members were on Carwow website and was offered some pretty good deals so you never know.

6. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How long do the diesel 2.2s last? Just looked on CarGiant. 2 years old, 104000 miles. Um, no thanks?
    Or an extra grand for a 35000 miler.
    Is it just me??!

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

[Edit] I thought you were talking about 3rd Generation. 4th Generation has I-DTEC which resolved many issues of I-CDTI however added a DPF which can be a pain if you don't do enough miles. But as far as i can see I-CDTI used to last well into 200k so I-DTEC should do atleast that if not better.

Have a look at 4th Generation CR-V forums as most of the issues are well documented, if there are any.

Faults master link:
    4th Generation CR-V FAQ & Faults Master List. (Guides - )

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    TBH we don't tend to hear of great many issues on the 4th Generation CR-Vs, Honda still have industry leading reliability.

Looking through that list makes it looks like a lot could could wrong but it's more of a "IF this goes wrong then do this" list.

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

haha yes ofcourse this is like IF it goes wrong rather than a list of faults.. I hope I haven't put @06_ictdi off

11. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was "fun":book: having a top-spec model for a week. I was convinced at one point that it had broke somehow, when it refused to go faster than 30mph because of some silly buton somewhere.
    It took me half a day to realise whiy it "wouldn't idle at junctions". When you get a "free" hire car, you don't really want to hear either of "don't touch any buttons" or "You will need to enrol in the New Honda Induction Programme" . Nice bright steery lights and touch-to-unlock doors, though. Reversing camera not as flashy as an Audi's or Beamer's, but I'm used to backing up until I hear the squeak of the crack in the plastic - from last time.

Racy Jace, legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Chris. :Hey:

13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

If I am not mistaken the owner manual on those things is 666 pages thick!

14. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeaah, that was really useful. (Under a tyre, when I couldn't find the handbrake...):nodding:

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

hahaha funny man!

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @06_ictdi :welcome:

The later 3rd Generation CR-Vs had the I-DTEC engine rather than the I-CTDI so if you want to stay with diesel you might look for one of those? Personally I think the 3rd Generation is the nicest looking CR-V...

Otherwise, if you aren't doing a huge mileage you could consider a petrol. Economy on the 4th Generation petrol/auto is as good as you are getting in your older I-CTDI when driven carefully (early 40s MPG) with 36-38 easily achievable when driven with 'spirit.' And the petrol Honda engines are ultra reliable...

17. 06_ictdi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll check the numbers, we've saved about £3k having a diesel.
    The "3" is a bit, well,
    FI7jfO5.