Introductions Hi All ........... About to jump in with both feet !!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by takeslousyphotos, Thursday 7th Feb, 2013.

1. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I'm about to jump into this Honda thing .............. I'm picking up a "2000 (W) Accord 3.0V6 Coupe" with LPG Conversion. It has a few more miles on it than I'd normally consider healthy (163,000) .............. But I've read some good stuff about this car. and for what it's costing me it seems like a lot of car for the money.

So......... Now I need some one to tell me all the bad stuff.......... So I have chance to change my mind before Saturday.

Cheers to everyone.
    Peter

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Peter, welcome to AOC.

Do you know at what mileage the LPG system was fitted and do you have any details on make and type of LPG system ?

4. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Apologies for the late reply on here. It's a Zavioli Multipoint system (£42.00 to fill it up and I'm still showing 3 bars out of 4 after 180 miles ??). I've had the car now for a week and absolutely love it. THe bodywork and interior are immaculate. There are a cople of niggly problems, but I'm sorting them.

A bulb out on the mileometer display.
    A bulb out on the climate control
    A led out on the radio head unit.

I have the bulbs. Just got to find a bit of time to replace them..and I just picked up a replacement Honda Radio on Ebay for £15.00 (Bargain) and as the radios are "face off" I'll just swap the facia over and keep the radio as a spare........

Cheers to All
    Peter

SayamaAccord likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You can't rely on the LED level indicators, they practically useless on all LPG systems. More so if they haven't been setup correctly in the software. Best to always reset the trip counter and go by that.

You must have a pretty big tank to get a £42 fillup. That's like 58 odd litres. Is it a toroidal/doughnut tank in spare wheel well or a cylinder tank in the boot ?

6. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

According to the certificate the tank is 70ltr. It's in the spare wheel well and sticks up quite a bit so the boot carpet sicks up a bit. When I got the car, as I said, I put £42 in it to fill it at @ 74.6p / ltr ......... after 310 miles I filled it again £ 39.80 @ 74.6p / ltr ......... I'm proper happy with that.

Peter

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

The capacity on the certificate will be water capacity. An LPG tank is only designed to hold 80% LPG. Which is why you filled with about 53 litres (39.80/0.749).

So you tank is probably 680mmx300mm high, hence sticking up a fair in the boot.

8. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So ....... 53 Ltrs works out at 11.6 Gallons ...... at 310 miles I'm getting rougly 26-27 MPG. That's not bad seeing as most of my driving is a mixed bag of round town and my journey to work has very little dual carriageway. I'm happy with that. Does it sound about right ??

Peter