Introductions Hi All, Accord owner here for Ireland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chrzascz, Wednesday 17th Apr, 2013.

1. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just brought 2010 Accord (2.2 ES GT I-DTEC) to Ireland from UK :Smile: I don't have to say I`m very happy with it. I`ll go now lurking around now, see you around!:OTT:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi, welcome to AOC :Thumbup:

chrzascz likes this.
  3. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi welcome to the site and you made a right decision :Smile:

chrzascz likes this.
  4. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome.

Imported a 2004 I-CTDI Tourer myself two weeks ago :Thumbup: .

5. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How did you get on with VRT :Smile: I`ll be fighting that battle next Friday.

6. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah the dreaded VRT.......
    Its booked in for next Friday 26th .

Just over 600Euro i think. :Angry: . Its a pure joke when you include road tax after.

7. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well 600 with a car bought right you`ll be still doing fairly well I guess! I had 3 different quotes on VRT for mine (from 3100 to over 5k) :/ And that's a pain - you don`t know what's going to hit you (I guess though its still cheaper by thousands to import) EDIT: Mine`s boked for Friday 26th as well :Smile: now don`t tell me you`re in Cork now :Blink:

8. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No not in Cork .
    Can you not find the exact price on Revenue.ie ??.

I couldn't find a I-CTDI Tourer here so import was only real option.

9. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, you can. You`ll need to know EXACTLY what's the model of your car (mine is ''Honda Accord ES GT 4dr'', your would be something along those lines - only instead of tourer you`ll have ''estate'' option to pick), and retrieve the statistical code of it. Its imperative you do your research, because @ 1st - you won`t get shafted, and 2ndly they`ll register the car properly as well. https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s2 There is the link to the Calculator, that's stands up - just fill it and print it out. If all the details are correct and according to the documentation to your vehicle, they don`t have a leg to stand on - even if the VRT will change tomorrow, on the day you quoted... and all the rest, you know where I`m going. And I`ve just checked, there is a 5 door, estate option for 2006 accord so its a matter of finding out what are the rest of the letters there (ES, EX, GT so on). It took me about half an hour to figure it out, and find my car (for instance, there is three sections for engines - 2.2, 2.2l and 2.2L - probably because some gimp didn`t know its all the same!)

10. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, can indeed but there is 3x 2.2 sections (2.2, 2.2l & 2.2L - some gimp was adding sections I think), and there is couple of ES GT-4dr there :/ and everyone quotes different

11. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used 2.2L to calculate mine.

Ringing them is not an option either. :Tea: .

chrzascz likes this.
  12. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

How did your VRT go???

13. chrzascz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It basically turned around that the Co2 emissions in V5 are shown higher than in ROS database. So from 3100 it went up to 3800 (I didn`t spot that before). Plus, the chap there picked the wrong car (wrong statistical code), so I`ll have fun time on Monday morning working this all out (was hit with 4045 :/)

14. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Holy sh1t.
    I thought i was bad. I calculated mine round the 600 mark but it worked out nearer the 700.
    Again he had a different statistical code to me.
    It's a joke of a system that ROS.

Hope you get sorted out.