Introductions Hi all! Advice needed please...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Olliebob, Thursday 28th Apr, 2016.

1. Olliebob New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Olliebob Burton on Trent
    Looking to buy a Honda FR-V 2.2d 56 plate and was wondering if anyone could tell me if this model was fitted with a DPF filter in that year. Many thanks in advance for you help and advice people.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    FRVs were all fitted with I-CDTI engines which didn't use any DPF like the Accord 7th Generation. It was 8th Generation Accord & 4th Generation CR-Vs that got the I-DTEC with DPF

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. Olliebob New Member Getting Started

That's great news, thanks legend-ary for your help, keen to get my hands on one but not doing the miles to warrant anything with a DPF filter fitted. Just got to find the right one now as good examples with lower mileage seem to be few and far between! Thanks again.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

My pleasure. Best of luck with the hunt and do drop by once you have bought one.

Out of curiosity if you are not going to so many miles is there a reason why you choosing diesel over petrol?

5. Olliebob New Member Getting Started

Pretty much just for the good MPG (45-50+) and power combination. I have become used to driving a 1.9tdi pd vw and liked it for the above reasons but have always wanted a Honda. I would consider a petrol 1.8 or 2.0l if the right one comes up though tbh. Is there any issues I should look out for on these when buying used that you know of on these engines? I've done some research and can't find much in the way of problems with any of them myself.

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

the 1.8 engine is popular as that replaced the 1.7 and 2.0 petrol engines from earlier models. Avoid the 1.7 as it is a bit slow. Mind you petrol FRVs are not known for their MPG figures but most owners expect that as it is a big heavy beast. Others have converted them to LPG.
    Click here to find all the FRVs in our club garage
    You can read through their project logs to see owner experiences but over all they are very reliable and gives years of trouble free service as long as they are looked after.

Olliebob likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Olliebob likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi @Olliebob, welcome to Honda Karma :Hey:

You've come to the right place, plenty of us FR-V owners here (some with imported versions :Whistle: )

Good luck with the hunt for yours.

Olliebob likes this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Olliebob

Good luck with the hunt for your FR-V. If you do go for the I-CTDI, get one with a FHSH if possible.

Olliebob likes this.
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

Olliebob likes this.