General Hi all , Long time no see ! Ac woes ...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by syzsounds, Monday 25th Jan, 2016.

1. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well things have been going so well i have had no reason to come and have a look at how to fix anything !
    Had a new rack last year so all the PS got redone with new fluid .. new tyres and brakes ..
    Had the dreaded " Tailgate failure" last week during the real cold spell but thats all sorted now.

BUT, The one thing that does me about my car is the air con has never worked.
    I replaced the AC rad when i had a new radiator about a year ago and had it all gassed up but the compressor ( no Matter how long we tried and we tried all the methods on here) would not energise. Diagnosis ... buggered Stator coil wassaname.

I have just acquired a new coil and I'm attempting to change it myself. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the compressor out and how to get the coil in place ?
    The new coil was 24 quid ... So worth a punt to see if it works.
    Oh ..,. The gas has all gone ... so new drier will be going on too.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right mate since you a\c has never worked who has done the fault finding or is it case swap all parts and see what happens?

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Have you checked the relay(s)? My ac went on CR-V and it turned out to be a £5 relay and a 2 min job.

4. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah done all the tests myself and tried to energise the stator and there is no clunk ... nothing ... all circuits check out.
    Swapped relays ... Nothing.

jimjams likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    To remove the A/C Compressor, you need to first remove the aux belt. You then need to jack up the car, remove the under tray and then remove the 3 or 4 bolts holding the compressor on. Space is quite cramped though (@AccordCU2 can tell you all about it :Grin:), so patience and some dexterity are required.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh yes remember them bolts @SpeedyGee .
    I struggled with two of them that day but got there in the end.

7. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Not to go off topic to much but what was wrong with your tailgate just out of interest?

8. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just decided it wasn't going to open ... it never falls and when it works it doesn't jam coming down, Going up it seems like its slightly binding on one side but a little help and it comes up.
    Battery off for 5 mins and it all works again.

Cheers for the info so far chaps , What i really need is the compressor diagram ... I swear i saw a thread or vid posted on here that tells you how to take it apart to replace the stator.

9. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Is this the video?

syzsounds likes this.
  10. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think thats the puppy ... I forgot about Eric. Thank you !
    I'll get on it when the new part arrives and try and take some pics too.
    Has anyone got a bucket full of time i can borrow lol.

11. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

@syzsounds were you meant to post something ? You've only quoted yourself

Did you get your AC issue sorted ?

13. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And we are back in the room !!
    No .. AC is not sorted , How the bloody hell are you supposed to be able to get the bloody clips out ?
    Theres barely enough room to get a hand in nevermind tools !

Eric up there Tells fibs as you can't do what he does when dropping the compressor as the front subframe is in the way ...
    Got to be another way.
    Although we do have new front brakes and a full service today So not totally a wasted day.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Which clips ?

15. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got the 12 mm nut off and took the clutch out , Trying to get the little snap ring clip thingy off the pulley was just a no go ... No room ...

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Take a picture and post it up, let's see what we got.

17. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    I think your car is same as mine (CM2)

I know Beeston quite well, let me know if you need a hand.

Zebster likes this.
  18. syzsounds Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Will do when i'm next under there , I sorta cheated and used my mates ramp lol
    Was horrified when i removed the undertray ... Seems all it does it trap crap under there ... corrosioning hell :Angry: