Introductions Hi All - New Accord Owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by revolver61, Tuesday 2nd Oct, 2012.

1. revolver61 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Yorkshire
    Just bought an Accord a couple of months ago & I've got to admit I have the bug, its a great car and so comfortable. Must say though, I had a scare last week. I had a service just over a week ago and right after the service I had problems. When I accelerated hard in 3rd gear the car hit several Flat spots and on one occasion lost all power (Emission light came on). After turning off ignition and then restarting the car 30 secs later all was ok. I found out after this that I had a faulty Fuel Filter fitted. When the garage changed it the car was back to its best. :Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC bud, the good old diesel fuel filter issue which still surfaces it head. It a regular occurrence but glad you have resolved it.

The eight gen you won't have these issues as it a paper cartridge and housing remains static.

3. revolver61 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Yorkshire
    Thanks for the welcome mate I will bear that in mind if I decide to upgrade.

4. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Hi revolver61 and welcome

I think you meant to say 'WHEN I decide to upgrade.' :Smile:

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi there and welcome :Smile:
    Another diesel great stuff welcome to the family :Smile: Had mine about 7 months now and going great.

Keep the oil fresh don't go with go with Honda 12k service

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC another diesel owner yeh. Change oil every 6K the engine will love you for it.

7. revolver61 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Yorkshire
    Thanks for the tips Guys - I've had Diesels for a long time now and to be honest would find it very, very hard to go back to petrol.

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    You and me both mate can't go back to sub 600 miles to a refill :Smile:

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You clearly don't get stuck in the traffic I do. Outside of the M25 I get in excess of 600 miles, inside can be as bad as 350.