Introductions Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by StuH, Monday 18th Mar, 2013.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Just checking in to say hello.

I have an '03 Accord 2.4 EX auto with 80k on the clock. Got to say it looks and feel like it's done half that miles!

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome to the AOC :Hey:

Same engine, age and approximate mileage here. Treat them well and by all accounts the car will last an age.

3. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    Hi mate:Hey:
    Lucky you I am still looking for one, hopefully will join the club:Wink:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Stu.

Mines done nearly 120K and she's as quiet and lively as ever :vtec::Happy:

80K miles of running on LPG has done her no harm at all.
    That's a nice two fingered salute to all those that think that Honda valve/seats are weak and can't take LPG !

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    stuH
    Hey bud welcome to AOC
    Great bunch here as you will find out, be good to see some pics of your motor on here. Don't be shy get em uploaded bud :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the welcome.

It's a lovely engine got to say. One thing I've learnt is that genuine Honda fluids are vital to keeping it running sweet. I now get everything, including oil from HH and everything is Honda's own. It's not even a hardship, it usually costs less then getting stuff from the local parts supplier. I have a few jobs to attend too; the sat-nav is a PITA but I think I'm stuck with that, I'd like to change the check-straps on the rear doors as they become stiff and noisy when the weather warms up and I'll follow my own advice and get a Honda battery in.

Some things don't impress me much; the paint is the worst I've had, probably down to being water based, detailing takes real care and attention. I wish it had more space in the rear seats for the kiddies and probably a bit more soundproofing around the floor wouldn't go amiss. They are minor though and I'm only moaning!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stu,

I too use Honda own fluids for yonks call me a fanboy but they work all the time every time and never had a issue and I laugh my head off when people don’t even follow the oil specification when told to .. hey ho who the fanboy now..

On my 7th Generation still use silkolene oils but on the 8th Generation use Honda own engine oil and it superb stuff. What’s up with your sat nav bud?

Door check straps, could you explain what you mean?

Honda paint is notoriously soft all I will say is keep you distance between the vehicles in front all you can do is damage limitation. Sound insulation a cheap and effective fix rubber mats they insulate really well I have them on top of my carpet mats . On the 8th Generation just the rubber mats in winters and revert to carpet mats in Spring.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think Stu means plastic bits that stop the doors opening too wide.

You can take them off and clean them up, I've done that on my wifes Civic.

10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

The Sat-Nav issues are detailed in the thread I started. Think I'm on a hiding to nothing, will be interesting to see what happens if/when I install the Xcarlink or similar because that should work on the screen regardless of the DVD-Rom though when it doesn't want to work nothing works on the screen - I don't know, go round in circles with that one.

The check straps as above. When the weather gets warm the doors get stiff and the doors creak like mad, it's really loud and not befitting of a Honda. Lubricating everything you can see does nothing. As it's only when it's warm I figured something was expanding and causing the problem, the only part that I could see that could do that is the check strap. Googling the problem threw up loads of similar issues in the TSX owners in the US and they came to same conclusion as me, the check straps and changing them solves the problem though one or two said that Honda's own grease also solve the problem. Part No, for the strap is 72840-SEA-E02.