Introductions Hi everyone in the wider AOC world.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FR-V, Thursday 14th Feb, 2013.

1. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Hello guys, as you can see from the username, I am the proud owner of a low mileage 2006 FR-V 2.2 I-CTDI Sport bought last November.

I found this very impressive site after an internet search a few weeks ago and have been inhabiting FR-V corner ever since. This is my first diesel car but have had a Peugot 2l HDi motorhome, followed by a Fiat 2.3 JTD version.

The car was purchased for a return to towing a caravan, and is now fitted with the towbar ready for our first tugging trip.
    I last towed in the 90s with a Rover 820 Si, having done it for 20 years with various British cars of 1.6 to 2.2 engines, FWD and RWD, with no problems - but back then most caravans weighed less than a ton! No EGR, VSA, DMF, DPF, ABS, ECU or even vat in those days :Smile:

Things learnt so far are that CJ is a diagnostic God (but hates weasels), there is no such thing as a daft question on here and you always get quality answers, and anything on my car that has a name consisting of three letters is eventually going to empty my bank account :Aghast:

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glad you like it here.don't mind CJ,he really like diesels.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

CJ loves diesels, he's just in the closet, but don't tell him I told you.:Wink:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some say he has diesel running through his veins.... and that he has a secret love affair with all things BOSCH.... all we know is he is called CJ!!!!!! :Wink:

SpeedyGee and AccordCU2 like this.
  5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Welcome, FR-V !
    How many miles are on your car?
    Can you post some pictures?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC FR-V. That was a great intro .. very amusing :Smile:

Glad your enjoy the site.

7. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Hi I-DSI,

The car has 27k on it now, bought with only 24k in 6+ years so improving all the time as I put the miles on and get it fettled.

As for pictures - probably beyond my internet knowledge, but may try.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014