Introductions Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John999, Wednesday 11th Jul, 2012.

1. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    I've just picked up my Accord 2.0 ex auto and yeah I love it already!
    My previous car was a SAAB 1.9 tdi ragtop,a passable car but not in the same class as the Honda,but I have noticed a speaker problem,it sounds like 1 of them has blown,any ideas please?

2. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome to the site John!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and Welcome to AOC,

Congrats on your new purchase , the problem you face isn't new on the earlier 8th Generation Accords have a look at this thread

http://hondakarma.com/threads/710/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If its an 8th Generation then I believe the speakers are covered under warranty

CJ beat me to it

5. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    Wow,thanks for prompt replies,the 3 year warranty finishes in October and I negotiated another years Honda warranty after,I will sort it out when the service is due in October,cheers guys:Thumbup:

Primarycare likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go bud get to to your dealer and get it checked out, The dealer has a CD with varouis sound tracks to test the distortion. If found to be poor they will put a warranty claim with to Honda. Please do keep us posted.

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Honda Holdcroft in stoke come with all our recommendations, not too far from Derby either??

8. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome John. Let us know how you go.

9. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi john999

Welcome aboard.. I can vouch for HH I have traveled from Northampton to see them and can honestly say they are great, outstanding service .. Oh and their coffee is ok to :Smile: let us know how you get on with it..

10. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    Hi Guys,just an update on my speaker problem,I called Marshall Honda Mount Sorrel today and although happy for me to bring to them to check it out,they denied all knowledge of any previous failures and also denied being sent a special cd from Honda to check the problem out (as per your link detailing the problem).
    I'm sure when I go there they will sort it,any comments about this please?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Interesting just tell them to look up the TSB on Maris and Honda procedures to put a warranty claim and the standard operating procedures as per the manual.

It depends who you speak at the dealership when you rang, if its a receptionist they you don't have a chance to get accurate info. if the call was passed to a Service advisor or the Aftersales Manager then you may have had acknowledgement for the same.

Keep us posted

12. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    I sure will,just for information I did speak to the service manager and she was the one that denied any knowledge,but will keep you posted as to the outcome.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :Ohdear: Wrong answer , if you need help let me know.

14. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    Update on my speaker problem,I called in to Lookers Derby today (really nice people,had my Civic serviced there for 3 years) after apologising for going over to the dark side and owning a SAAB for 1 year,they took a look and agreed the drivers door speaker needed replacing,the service guy said he was aware of the issue but said it wasn't a common problem.They have ordered a new one and hopefully will be sorted by end of next week.
    Thanks for your help guys,can't wait to blast out some tunes and watch the doors shake.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff, this was a common problem on the early 8th Generation. The trouble is a fleet cars don't go to Honda franchised dealers when the car is leased. It only when the car goes to it second hand market the new owner picks this up. The TSB was out for yonks, so being told this is not a common issue is inaccurate. At one point dealers had two dozen set of speakers in stock...

16. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    Hi everyone,
    Well took my car in today for it's replacement speaker,45 mins later the mechanic came up to me and said "ah sorry,I replaced the drivers door speaker and then noticed the passenger door one is the same,distorting,
    I was so annoyed I had to bite my lip,it took them 30mins the first time to decide there was a problem.
    Is it me guys? am I expecting too much? or has the Honda dealer I used for 3 years just gone downhill?
    I am now waiting while they order another one,I'm self employed and it costs me money to sit waiting.
    Any comments? or am I just turning in to a grumpy old man?

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The TSB states they need to replaced in pairs.. so you are well within your rights to complain about this. It is not acceptable I would make an assertive complaint and get your point across to the service manager. . I had :Blink: when you said they are replacing one.

18. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    Thanks for that,well I will keep you posted when I return for a re-match :Thumbup:

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cool don't lose your rag.:Wink: