Introductions Hi everyone !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by eternal422, Tuesday 10th Jan, 2012.

1. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just introducing myself! I have owned Accords for quite a few years now, my last was a model year 2000 Coupe which was lovely and gave me 150,000 mostly trouble-free miles. I've just purchased a 2007 Accord EX+NAV 5-AT which is *so* much better than the old coupe, I guess in 7 years there were many improvements made to the Accord!

I did a bit of maintnance on the old coupe, but not sure whether I'll go this route on the new car or not yet. My first aim is to fit an ipod adaptor kit, looking at the Dice module and trying to do as much research as possible on the web before attempting to tackle the job!

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome I'm sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction regarding the I pod fittings.

4. Azzy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi eternal, that was the facelift version of what I had - so gets my vote :Smile: there is a unit which goes into the back of the nav input - actually that was the DICE unit, seems to get good press, but i didn't have bluetoothe either, so was leaning towards a parrot type kit that could handle phone and ipod (mines a touch and has bluetooth so figured it would work) - I changed cars before I looked too much into it, sorry.

anyway good luck and hope you enjoy your stay, (I've only been here 2 minutes but seems a friendly place :Smile: )

Az

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi, welcome to AOC.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC

Im on my second Accord and had xcarlink in both. Both were fitted with Bluetooth and sat Nav and it worked perfectly. It charges and plays songs, allows playlists and can utilise the steering wheel controls.

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Paul, what equaliser setting do you set your iPhone to when connected to xcarlink? I play mine via Bluetooth to my xcarlink and just don't seem to be able to get enough bass.

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mines the wired one. Can adjust bass on iPhone or on car head unit.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome.

10. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks everyone for the welcome - this forum looks like being a very useful place to exchange ideas and get help. I'm glad to have found a UK forum as the American ones aren't always totally relevant to our Accords. I have looked at Acura TSX forums but their dash does look different from ours from what I've seen.

I'm thinking the Dice ipod adaptor may be the way to go, just got to pick up courage to remove the trim pieces to see if I can get access easily enough to do the job myself, not wanting to spend a further £80 or so to have someone else install it!

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers Paul, I'll have to try it wired again instead of Bluetooth. I just can't get any bass, head unit is on 6.

12. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

welcome to the club