Introductions Hi from a UK newbie CR-V owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rowlydee, Friday 15th Aug, 2014.

1. Rowlydee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks,

I'm Rowland. I live in Somerset in the South West of England. This week I acquired a 2002 (02) CR-V i-VTEC Sport Auto. I previously had a Citroen DS3 via Motability, I've mainly had Citroens during my driving career.

I don't work because of disability, a rare neuromuscular disease. I've been three months without a car going stir crazy. After sitting in a neighbour's Mitsubishi Shogun, and many of my body pains reducing/disappearing I thought this is the way to go. Research led me to CR-Vs, mainly for the reliability, living on a fixed small budget, no doubt to be eroded by this government next year, then running costs are high on the agenda.

I've never been a fan of automatics, but after test driving this one, I was well impressed. I can't believe I've never even thought of Honda before. This vehicle is absolutely brilliant for someone with my mobility issues. The driving position and comfort. It has given me a new positive outlook on life.

IMG_0148. IMG_0149. IMG_0150. IMG_0151. IMG_0152. IMG_0156. IMG_0157. IMG_0159. IMG_0160. IMG_0161. IMG_0174. IMG_0175. IMG_0176.

This one is okay, with around 96,000 miles on the clock - it needs a bit of tidying up, and I think if I keep it, I ought to add a decent audio system (a previous owner has fitted something none standard which is rubbish), plus reverse parking camera, maybe rear and front parking sensors. GPS maybe but I have a standalone TomTom which works fine. We'll see. I'll be asking questions of UK and elsewhere CR-V owners as to what my options are. Ultimately someone else will have to do the work because my poor mobility won't allow me to.

Thanks for reading.

Princepugh likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to the forum Rowland. The CR-V is a great car and it should serve you well. That one looks like it's been well looked after.

You've come to the right place for friendly advice.

If you get chance sometime, it would be good if you can post the above pictures in the "Club Garage" section of Honda Karma. You can then also add a Project log of modifications you have done and we can all follow along and advice as and when needed.

3. Rowlydee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers SpeedyGee, I have done that i.e., The Club Garage thing. Needs a bit more info but it's late and my eyes are sore. Should I remove the images from my introduction post.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No, you can leave those there mate.

Good on you for adding a Club Garage entry :Smile::Thumbup:

Rowlydee likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome Rowlydee. :welcome:
    Really pleased you've found the Honda that suits your needs.

Rowlydee likes this.
  6. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    Hi I also have a CR-V but mine is an I-CTDI if you have any questions I will do what I can to help.

Ichiban, Rowlydee and Nels like this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Rowland :Hey::welcome:

Rowlydee likes this.
  8. Rowlydee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. This is a nice place to be. :Grin:

Nels and John Dickson like this.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club Rowland that looks like a very fine example of the CR-V I must admit I like this version and shape more than the newer ones. Only thing is can't you remove that awful bug off the front end:Rolf::lol: why would you want a Ford Focus on your bonnet anyway??? Sorry mate it just looks from some angles like its attached to your bumper.
    A mighty nice car and a very big welcome from me.:clap:

Rowlydee likes this.
  10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the club :Smile:

Rowlydee likes this.