Introductions Hi from County Cork

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bounder, Monday 7th Mar, 2016.

1. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Hi All,
    Just joined up, am a new owner of a CN2 CTDI EX in Graphite.
    Not new to Honda just to the 4 wheeled versions :Smile:
    I bought mine from Southhampton as there was very few available here in Ireland.
    Car drives well, 120k on the odo and a few small jobs to do.
    looking forward to some DIY in the near future..

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Bounder, home for all things Honda. :Hey:
    Do add you Hondas to the Club Garage There's room for them all. :gohonda:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Thanks Guys, still working on getting pics of all my Hondas for the Garage but the Car will have to do for now!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome mate , do you know the timing chain has been replaced also check for cracked manifolds if you do these two jobs then the car will go on.

6. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Not sure about the chains, I am planning on replacing them in the near future as soon as I gather the parts.
    Manifold needs to be fixed , there is a smell of exhaust first cold start but on the move it disappears.
    I have seen another UK import EX Saloon with 200k on the clock, broken down last week with a suspected TC issue.
    There is no desire on my part to have to find another engine for mine so I will get them done, as funds allow.
    Rear brake pads/discs caliper refurb are on the list for the very near future, and fronts a little later.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It the oil pump chain the short one which fails the Timing chain is the longer one which does not tend to snap.

8. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    If I am going in that far I may as well fit the lot barring the t-chain tensioner which I think can be changed in situ later ?

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

10. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Thanks guys, wow friendly bunch here. Hope I can contribute to the community.

FirstHonda likes this.
  11. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Welcome to the forum its a helpful bunch here, hope the new purchase does well for you.

Bounder likes this.
  12. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    I am hoping it'll do well by me as well. Last Motor did 100k miles in 3 years with almost no problems but as you know the insurance on 15+yr old cars here has gone mental.
    Had to move to a newer machine and I have admired the 7th Generation Tourer since it came out.
    Oilburner by necessity not by choice. I'd have been happy with a 2.0 petrol(I think).

13. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I hope the vrt and motor tax rates are under the new tax system I'm stuck paying by displacement. On the StepWgn its about the same but on the Fit we own its about 200 dearer than by emissions. Unfortunately you still need to declare to the insurance that it's an import even though only the UK, which automatically puts up the rates again. I've never really gotten an answer when asking what car in Ireland was manufactured or even assembled here. The 10-15 year old car thing with insurance really irritates me as its not financially sound for the consumer nor environmentally friendly to crush perfectly serviceable, safe (or so the NCT claim) vehicles just to keep the motor trade going and vrt/vat rates coming in. Anyway enough ranting about costs.

14. Bounder Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Huan County Cork
    Yes I was careful with the date of first reg, mine was a 57 reg but first reg Feb 2nd reg in the UK, so it made the 390 pa tax rate.
    Hard enough to find a 7th Generation with 08 reg, I was looking a while and this came up just after Xmas.

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma.

16. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi, welcome to the forum :Smile: