Daily Driver Bowler's CR-V ES

3rd Generation (2006-2012) vehicle added by Bowler, Saturday 17th Nov, 2012

1. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi to all. Soon to be a honda owner. Next Friday will be swopping my BMW 3 series for a CR-V 2.2 Diesel ES
    Have enjoyed BMW ownership and there forum and event days
    Anything like that with Honda Owners. Do notice mainly Accords on the site (suppose the clues in the title)
    Bit of a cleaning nut and looking forward to working on the new car and getting good reflections from the Black paint.
    Have ordered some extras already. Wind deflectors and valve caps on there way
    Will post pictures when fettled.:Smile::Smile::Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Bowler yes we are an Accord forum but everything Honda is welcomed here and there is a CR-V section for owners.

Hope you enjoy your new CR-V, you won't find a lot of love for Bavarian tractors here thou.:Wink:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC :Hey:

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC from the dark side, and the joys of a proper built car.
    Did anybody say anything about not liking German cars. :Tongue:

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome looking forward to the Honda experience, My past cars have come from German, British, French, Belgium, Swedish and a British Built Nissan, todate only the french have dissapointed. BMW very rapid except getting out of road ends, Expect the Honda to receive a more charitable acceptence from other road users

Last edited: Saturday 17th Nov, 2012
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome along mate just the other side of the A1 to me.

7. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Car not here yet but boxes arriving.
    So far valve caps, Tax disc holder and 4 x wind deflectors
    Chrome mirror caps a possibility next

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey bud big welcome

No one will hold it against you honest :Smile:

I had more than my fair share of German motors for 20 odd years. Now have accord oil burner no one gave me anything but a warm welcome its what we are about.

Having said that there us a fair bit of fun bashing the German stuff but you like me will come to enjoy it.

Get some picks up when you get the new motor would like to see it...

i Like AOC it a lot and sure you will to I've been on other forums including Audi VW and Saab but the friendly family spirit wins through here.

Big welcome to AOC bud

9. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Primarycare, sure once i hand over the keys to the BMW and get my bum in the Honda will be a convert

10. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Had the car a week now, Nice drive feels very secure. fuel consumption bit dissapointing expected better on a run getting 37mpg at motorway speeds same journey my BMW 2.0 petrol would return 44mpg. So with Road tax being more insurence more and the lower MPG, running costs will be more. Big plus the wife likes it. After the Derbyshire trip needed a clean so excuse to take some pics, not great shots but heres a few.
    P1000641. P1000638. P1000645 (1). P1000639.

Good reflection on bonnet. Will do a full detail when weather permits car really lends its self to a detailing fanatic

Jaak Beentjes likes this.
  11. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi Bowler, good to see another CR-V member, welcome along. Nice looking motor.

You say you're a cleaning nut, if ever you feel the need you can always come and do mine lol.

Only had my CR-V for 6 weeks myself, I too had a 5 series BMW (petrol) before that. Filled up twice now and have been returning over 40 MPG, you must be heavy with that right foot buddy.

12. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not me mate original egg under foot driver