Introductions Hi from first time Honda owner (to be)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dex101, Tuesday 18th Oct, 2016.

1. dex101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Josh Thaxted
    Hi guys,

Firstly just to say what a good forum this is, such a mixed bag out there and this is one of the friendlier ones (big fan of the MCM forum too).

I will soon be purchasing a Accord 7th Generation CM2 (think thats right, the 2.4 Type-S tourer?!) it seems to fit the bill perfectly for what I am looking for (estate, fun, reasonably quick if needed, reasonably good MPG if nursed!) and think they look great too.

Best friend is an ex Honda tech and has nothing but praise for Honda and he loves the Accords too so that's always a good sign.

Any tips on looking at second hand ones would be great, read through Ichiban's guide to boot issues, set my mind at ease somewhat.

will be giving everything a good service unless can obviously see things recently done (as in just done!)

Plans will be the Xlink thing for aux/ipod input and then keep things standard for a good couple of months and then review what I feel needs changing/what needs doing.

Previously have always owned Vauxhalls so my first car from a different Marque, exciting but also slightly nerve wracking!

MickyB and FirstHonda like this.
  2. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome Josh. After buying a Honda you will think, why have I not done this before. :Niceone:

MickyB and dex101 like this.
  3. dex101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Allan, I am already starting to think that! :Grin:

Not that I have ever been let down or disappointed by any of my vauxhalls but everything about Honda seems a big step up in terms of quality!

1066Boy likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @dex101 :welcome:

Plenty of helpful members here, so ask away and :goodluck:

dex101 likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Josh.

Great to see you're on your way to a smashing Honda.

dex101 likes this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

Hi
    I've had my Type-S now for 10 years and it's such a pleasure to drive every time I get it out to play. Hope your search goes well cause they are fabulous.
    Oh and Blue is the colour to have don't been told different.

dex101 likes this.
  7. dex101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well it's official. I'm noworking the proud owner of a Honda accord Type-S tourer...

So far love it, few things that need sorting but drives very well and has been fairly well looked after.

20161023_115514.

Have an issue with the boot which previous owner has bypassed but will get that sorted ASAP. Also rear passenger door doesn't lock or unlock with the central locking.

Over all pleased with the purchase and plenty of potential!

MickyB likes this.
  8. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well done and good luck with your new toy. :Grin:

dex101 likes this.
  9. dex101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, such a lovely car to drive especially considering how big it is.

Another picture
    20161024_080939.

codes read for the boot are B1390-power tailgate closer motor function error and B1381- Tailgate closer unit release switch circuit malfunction. the boot doesn't do anything on any of the buttons no beeping and won't open from the manual handle either.

previous owner has rigged up a cable from the outside to unlock the boot (interesting concept as opposed to fixing the problem) so will strip the boot out and clean/test everything and take it from there, the thread on this is looking mighty useful!

MickyB likes this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There are a number of threads covering problems like this. Just slap it in the search box.

dex101 likes this.
  11. dex101 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nels, absolutely, have read through a good few and was more just adding to the thread in case people were curious. :Smile:

Nels likes this.