Introductions Hi from Jersey

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by foxleys, Wednesday 14th Nov, 2012.

1. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Am about to buy a Nov'07 Accord Exec 2.4 Auto Estate, any buying tips, should I look out for anything before I pay for it?

Is extended warranty worth buying?

Sorry if above has been asked many times before but this is my 1st Accord, have 2 Jazz (one to be sold soon) which have been very good so far.

Last edited: Thursday 15th Nov, 2012
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi and welcome, no major issues but check there is good reputable service history at least every 12.5k with no gaps, up to you about the warranty but personally I haven't with my 2006 2.4 manual estate.

Known issues include sticky brakes through poor maintenance and front suspension bushes will go & need replacing at some point but these are not deal breakers as neither are huge money to fix.

If the history looks okay go for it.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Foxleys, 2.4 auto are as bullet proof as their manual sister as long as the servicing has been kept up with you should be fine. But as preventative maintenance I would change all the oils and fluid on your car when you get it so you have piece of mind.

4. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Many thanks for your help Sayama & Ichiban, makes me feel a lot better about buying this car - normally I do not buy cars from a private seller due to the hassel of selling the old car and warranty (or lack of) etc.

Over here in Jersey cars like this are very hard to buy used, due to limited supply etc.

The car has done just over 28k, new 30/11/07, was serviced by local garage for 2 years, then p/xed to a no Honda dealer about June'10, who gave it there own service (pity as the car was still in warranty then!!) and then a indy dealer serviced it June'12.

So I will take you up on your very good advice and get the oil/filter & brake fluid changed.

We only do 5/6k a year, this car has averaged about 5880 p.a.

Should I get the gearbox oil changed as well? At the moment I am not sure what the approved schedules are for this car are.

Many thanks again
    PS, I just install the AOC Andoid app, looks good!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds