Introductions Hi from Portugal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HondaPT, Monday 15th Feb, 2016.

1. HondaPT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Portugal HondaPT Oporto/Porto
    Hi!
    I'm from Portugal and I own an Honda CR-V IV, 160cv 4x4. I bought on May, 2015. The car has now 15000 km.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @HondaPT :welcome:

Sorry to read about your DPF problems in your other thread. :depressed:

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to :gohonda:Karma.

7. HondaPT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you guys for the reception!

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile:

9. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@HondaPT What diesel fuel are you using? I know from my trips to Portugal, that biodiesel is commonly used. I understand biodiesel is supposed to produce less particulates than standard diesel, but given the sensitivity of modern diesel engine/DPFs there may be other factors in play. If you are not already doing so, it may be worth running the car on non-bio, or advanced diesel for a while and see what happens.

10. HondaPT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm using non-biodiesel. I even toke care to fill in different premium gas stations (not low cost)

11. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

@HondaPT Has the issue reappeared since the DPF cleaning fluid was used? If you believe the marketing, these products should give a deep clean to the DPF. What about engine oil level, has it risen at all? What MPG figures are you getting? What are your normal driving conditions? I know it can be quite hilly in the north, if the engine is often under heavy loads, this would cause more exhaust particulates. Sorry to ask obvious questions, but if all these things are normal, it would seem, as you say, to point towards something more fundamental such as sensors.
    I'm biased as I only use premium diesel, but it may be worth the cost to stick with premium for a while seeing as the DPF has just gone through a deep clean.

12. HondaPT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, the issue reappeared since the DPF cleaning fluid was used! Just after about 15 days after. It was likely has absolutely no efect ...
    Usually I drove with 2 adults and 1 child, 50% roads, 40% in highways, 20% urban streets, 150 miles per week.

13. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

A DPF does not become full after only 300 miles of the driving you describe. There must be other influences in play. I hope Honda PT get involved and offer help. If they are less than helpful, ask them to explain how the filter can become blocked only 2 weeks and 300miles after such a deep clean. I would start to keep a log and receipts of the fuel used, MPG (or litres/100km in your case) achieved, type of trips made and driving conditions. With evidence to support your position, it will be harder for others to side step the issue.

14. HondaPT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's exactly what I started doing: keeping all receipts of the fuel used, I don't want they use this excuse to side step the issue...