Daily Driver Mike's CR-V EX

3rd Generation (2006-2012) vehicle added by Mike c, Friday 14th Dec, 2012

1. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi all just signed up to the forum having swapped my Accord ES GT for a CR V2.0 i-VTEC EX. Missing the torque of the DTEC but loving the quietness of the CR-V.
    All the best:Wink:
    Mike c
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Mike :Hey: Love to hear your reviews on the 2.0 CR-V I know Helen would be interested .
  3. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Thanks for the welcome, I have only had the CR-V for three weeks but I am sure it is the right decision.
    Initial thoughts are that the car rides better than the accord probably due to the higher profile tyres and longer suspension travel.
    The engine is very smooth and if driven in accordance with the suggested gear changes (arrow up and down) the economy is good around town for a 2.0 litre petrol with a large body. I am currently getting 30ish MPG around town and on an extended run around 36. Mind you, drive the VTEC and you do notice the difference. My reason for changing to the petrol CR-V was that I do very little mileage and lots of short runs and I was experiencing the dreaded DPF problems with the accord. So much so that I had to have it regenerated twice in three weeks and eventually had to have a new filter fitted. Fortunately this was under warranty as the car had only done 21 k.
    The CR-V is very roomy which is particularly handy having two grandchildren. The seats are comfortable but mention has been made that for a larger person the rear seats are not so comfortable. I suppose being split 40/40/20 makes them smaller than standard ones.
    Being able to drop the back seats completely provides a huge boot which again comes in handy. Being the EX it has all the toys and also included a fixed tow bar which was used for towing a small boat . I cannot see me using it but at least it deters people from parking too close to me!!
    My feelings are that the more I drive the CR-V the more I like it, hopefully this will remain the situation , and OH it looks soooo good in WHITE with the panoramic roof.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome Mike:Wave:
  5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome Mike, interesting to hear your thoughts on the CR-V! I really like the look of them & this will start a debate with CJ & myself I am sure
  6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome Mike.
  7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi Mike and welcome

Know what you mean about the white they look fantastic :Thumbup:in white

Enjoy the club and have a mooch about, loads of great info and ideas here..

Happy days
  8. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

EX is the only trim IMHO.
  9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I never knew women got into debates Helen I thought you just said I Want and you Got:Grin: