Body, Paint & Styling Hi Guys. Acura TSX is that you guys call Honda Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by maksym, Monday 30th Jan, 2012.

1. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys. Acura TSX is what you guys call Honda Accord

Its really interesting why Japanese or any other car manufactures (Ford :Smile:) deliver different body style cars to US. Here Acura is considered more of a luxury brand from Honda, and brand new Acura TSX are about $30,000 MSRP while Honda Accords are low $20,000 MSRP. here are few pics what i am talking about.

honda_accord_sedan_2005_for_sale_93989084803143554.
    European Honda Accord 2005

2004_Silver_Acura_TSX_5fdb9eedfceec1098c07.
    USA Acura TSX 2005

2005_honda_accord_hybrid.
    2005 USA Honda Accord (i got similar one but 2007 little different look check my pics)

Does anyone know why we get ugly models? lol

Last edited: Monday 30th Jan, 2012
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ah yes, but we get the ugly prices lol.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep the Acura TSX is very similar to the European Accord saloon...but Honda also do it as a station wagon [do you still call them that?] as well which they call the Accord Tourer...check out my profile messages for links to some pics of mine.

4. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well yes I guess its better get an accord for 20k off the lot than 30k but your vehicle depreciation is drastic isn't? I watched top gear in one episodes they showed some lightly used cars for like coins lol

5. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes we call them station wagons. They are surprisingly not common in south Florida.

6. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

By the way we don't get that body style of Acura its pretty nice looking.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep you're right, and the majority of new Accords in the UK will be bought as company cars for a lot less than what the private buyer will pay and then sold second hand when they are 3-5 years old...mine was 5 years old when I bought it and it cost about a quarter of what I would have paid for a new one...the only time I ever had a new car was when I got a lease car through work once.

8. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep you're right, and the majority of new Accords in the UK will be bought as company cars for a lot less than what the private buyer will pay and then sold second hand when they are 3-5 years old...mine was 5 years old when I bought it and it cost about a quarter of what I would have paid for a new one...the only time I ever had a new car was when I got a lease car through work once.[/QUOTE]

Are high insurance cost, road and vehicle tax keep people with lower income from getting a cars in UK? I mean compared to USA, and Ukraine yours vehicle prices are extremely affordable. I know in Ukraine used Soviet cars from 95 are about $6,000:Grin: its insane because all you need to own a car is fill it up. In USA the prices are relative expansive for cars and marginal for insurance.

I need your prices here man lol what can you get for $12,500 dollars? I got an 07 Honda accord look at my profile. Thanks

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Depends how honest you are.

Insurance for young people is really expensive and does keep some off the road...

...others just drive uninsured and untaxed...then they get a ban, then drive while banned, and on it goes....

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Love the pics...spotless car.

And sun-scorched grass...I dream of that lol

11. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Hi Guys. Acura TSX is what you guys call Honda Accord

They're probably just following the national trend, if they brought out something too radical, sales might bomb. :Messed:

12. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They're probably just following the national trend, if they brought out something too radical, sales might bomb. :Messed:[/QUOTE]

Maybe, well we do get nice looking American cars.