Introductions Hi guys and gals! Looking for advice on a suitable induction kit and HID's

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chris March, Sunday 7th Apr, 2013.

1. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Had my Type-S for a few weeks now and looking at potential upgrades, don't want to do to much to it as I've done a Civic up before and really just looking at Induction kit/HID's and possibly a few other small bits.

Looking at Induction Kits and they seem incredibly expensive! any one got any advice on which is the best to go for? I'm really just after the noise and don't want to fit one that will reduce the power at all.
    Any advice would be great as I've not modded cars for years now.

Thanks all
  2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Chris,
    What car do you have? Accord TypeS, but what modelyear and what engine?
  3. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks for the quick reply,

Its an 03 reg 2.4l i-VTEC, Generation 7 I think
  4. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

HID kits may be a waste of time and money as there seems to be strict regulations for cars that don't have them as standard ! Your car needs to hav headlight washers and self levelers
  5. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Rhys,
    That's a massive shame I like the l

- - - Updated - - -

6. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I like HID's myself my car has them, they were already installed when I bought my 6th Generation but now I'm looking at a possible MOT failure because of them :-( although I have heard alot of people say that they're cars have HID kits and have passed MOTs !! As for induction kits I have to be honest I'm not that clued up on them these day's again my car already had one on when I bought it but it don't half make a nice grunt when the VTEC kicks in at 4k RPM lol
  7. raptorman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I also would like to know of a good cold air induction kit for my Honda Accord I have heard that the K&N 69 Series Typhoon are good but I believe they are well over £250 but could be wrong. There are cheaper ones on ebay but they are probably rubbish.
  8. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just ordered a cold air kit off ebay for £45, figured it was worth a go. I'll post on here if its any good or not. its not a k+n typhoon but for 45 i thought it was worth a shot!
  9. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I think the one on mine is one of them cheapish universal ones as it has a flexi hose on it and a solid pipe specially designed to fit within the engine bay
  10. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here's the one I've just ordered, eBay item 160811996717 looks like its all solid pipe, does say its universal but on the compatible chart it is listed so fingers crossed
  11. raptorman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Should sound good when VTEC kicks in:Thumbup:
  12. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Mine does :Smile:
  13. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Get some replacement headlight bulbs, with ICE white or blue effect, these look quite like HIDs at a fraction of the cost or hassle. Plenty on Ebay.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They would also keep you legal too.
  15. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

How would I return my headlights back to standard ? Is it just a simple case of putting new bulbs in ? The reason why I ask is because the only wires I can see going in to the back of the headlight where the bulb goes in is the wires coming from the ballasts of the xenon kit
  16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  17. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ok thanks speedygee I'll have a butchers when I get home from work and see if I can do it :Smile:
  18. Chris March Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Excellent stuff! Didn't know you could do that! Just had a quick look and there loads cheaper than the kits anyway! Cheers for that
  19. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

20. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Best bulb I have found are Philips or a very close second osram DO NOT get the ring 120% brighter ones they are bright for sure but not for long! The Philips and osram (plus) make quite a difference and as previously said are legal where as the HID kits are not.