Introductions Hi new 8th Generation member here. Accord EX GT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by slipperysly, Tuesday 28th May, 2013.

1. slipperysly New Member Getting Started

Hi all.
    I've been browsing for a while, just getting used to the site and it seems a friendly place:Thumbup:

I purchased a very clean dark grey 09 plate 2.2 I-DTEC Accord EX GT with all the toys (LKAS ACC etc) 5 months ago and I love it. She has done 155000 miles but the engine and bodywork are in great condition as it's a 1 company with a full Honda History including her FIRST clutch and DMF just changed at 153000!!
    The only bad thing I can say is that most of the suspension bushes are feeling worn which you can expect from a car of this mileage but this will be addressed by my friend's garage (not honda) when the service is due. :Thumbup: Also the fuel economy isn't great,(WILL NOT do any more than 42mpg at 70mph!!) again I put this down to the mileage covered. Although I have managed to get 44 across town, which I find very strange! Is this normal? The wife's 320d will do nearly 60mpg at 80mph :Sobbing:.

I have always been into Hondas (my dad's fault) and have had various over the years including a Prelude 2.2 and 2 Accord Type-R's which I adored. I have been a member on AccordR.org for years now!
    Now I have an 8 month old whom I will be ferrying around and the wife has a company car so as I'm now an ageing 34 years old it's time to grow up!! I looked at all the other euro-boxes (A4 3 series,insignia,mondeo) and decided the Accord GT is a rarer sight on our roads and is a handsome car with good handling and reasonable amount of power.

Looking forward to being part of this community although I was wondering how many posts you have to make before you are entitled to the parts discount from the Honda dealers on here?

Regards Simon

Last edited: Tuesday 28th May, 2013
  2. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi mate, welcome the forum...

As I was told before you, just contribute to the forum and the community and you'll get there eventually.

I wish you best of luck!

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi mate and welcome:Wave:. I think you may have a rare car as I havnt seen an EX GT with the LKAS on here yet.:Thumbup:

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC.
    Sounds like a lovely car.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC and the exclusive ADAS club, your car is proof honda I-DTEC are the ones to go for and not the I-CTDI.

6. slipperysly New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the comments guys. Just out of interest, what does ADAS stand for?
    Also regarding my low fuel economy, should I put this down to the mileage of the car or could there be another issue? Surely I should get a fair bit more MPG on a motorway at 70mph than I can get driving slowly across town?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda's Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) see our article section for the indepth analysis of the various technologies under ADAS.