Body, Paint & Styling Hi, New Owner and Forum Member, :) Help,

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by EAZ CR-V, Sunday 20th Jan, 2013.

1. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Hi,

I am a new member as I have just bought a CR-V which we are very happy with, awesome car. It is an 07 2.2 I-DTEC ES with nav and camera,

- I will be looking to upgrade the ES 17's to the EX 18's open spokes or newer style rotas, how much will I expect to pay for a set of either with half decent tyres? Also how much should I expect to get for mine? I have 4 nearly new Mich's fitted?

- I am looking to get a set of white light LED sidelights and rear number plate lights, do they need to be canbus? Also can anyone recommend any? Link to Ebay would be good? :Smile:

- Does anyone have a 6000K set of White light anti glare HID Xenon kit fitted as I had a set of these on my old BMW and you could see so much more and they looked great. I heard they might be an MOT failure now, as the CR-V has projectors should this be okay?

- Also looking to have a towbar fitted, how much should I expect to pay, has anyone got any pics of a retro fit towbar fitted with a stainless steel or black bumper protector fitted?

Any help would be great! :Smile:

The CR-V in the snow on Friday morning, :Smile:

IMG_3598-Copy_zps8d42e808.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi and welcome to AOC,

Apologies for last night your first post was not posted for a technical glitch. As for your car you sure your car is a 2007 as the I-DTEC in the RE6 Chassis (CR-V) did not come till 2010 . What i think you have is the I-CTDI engine?.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    - I will be looking to upgrade the ES 17's to the EX 18's open spokes or newer style rotas, how much will I expect to pay for a set of either with half decent tyres? Also how much should I expect to get for mine? I have 4 nearly new Mich's fitted?

I would personally stick with 17 inch wheels as the rider on a high ground clearance car will be more comfortable, you will get also experience less tram lining variation on cambered surfaces and cheaper tyres. However the 18 inch wheel look cool and you will get sporty driving feeling with all the drawback you don't get on the 17 inch wheels and increase fuel consumption. as long as you are comfortable with that trade off you decide what works for you.

Honda dealers do have brand new set of 18 inch wheels on clearance and you can pick up a good set with tyres at great prices. Call up our club affiliate Holdcroft Honda and see if they can do you a deal which bring a
    :Smile:

- I am looking to get a set of white light LED sidelights and rear number plate lights, do they need to be canbus? Also can anyone recommend any? Link to Ebay would be good? :Smile:

Nope they are not canbus,a few members have bought LED have a look at these , the CR-V shares the same LED as the accord.

http://hondakarma.com/posts/21888/

http://hondakarma.com/posts/21888/

And I bought these and have been perfect since 2007
    http://hondakarma.com/posts/22002/
    - Does anyone have a 6000K set of White light anti glare HID Xenon kit fitted as I had a set of these on my old BMW and you could see so much more and they looked great. I heard they might be an MOT failure now, as the CR-V has projectors should this be okay?

You can get away with HID on the CR-V for now but they are illegal and its matter of time they will clamp down on it, some are worried and won't do it and some owners care less and will deal with the legislation when confronted with it. I would do for 4300K personally better light output.

- Also looking to have a towbar fitted, how much should I expect to pay, has anyone got any pics of a retro fit towbar fitted with a stainless steel or black bumper protector fitted?

For tow bar can only recommend Honda gear as information is easy to get and we know it will work, aftermarket ones are available but you have to do the research and electrical compatibility searches. Have a look at this thread

http://hondakarma.com/threads/3779/

BTW welcome to AOC
    :Wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    No problem,

And doh,

Got the engine wrong.

Awesome,

Thank you for the detailed reply mate!

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Thank you for the detailed reply! :Smile:

Awesome!

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey bud and welcome
    Above has kinda covered it but wouldn't bother with HID they are not legal but if like many your happy to take a chance 4300 are the best in terms of light output 5000k will be ok with a tiny hint of blue

Welcome to AOC :Smile:

7. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Welcome along, always good to see more CR-V members

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome to the club, nice to get the CR-V numbers up

Ichiban likes this.
  9. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Thank you for the comments guys!
    Seems like a good friendly forum with knowledgeable members! :Smile: