Introductions Hi Possibly a new owner:)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vanderlei, Saturday 16th Mar, 2013.

1. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    Hi,:Hey:
    Name's Kris from Edinburgh and I am thinking of changing my trusted volvo s40 (11 years old) to possibly an accord(2005-07). Never had a Honda only germans and sweeds, so it's a step in different direction.
    I was reading your forum and have to say it looks great, you guys are very helpful and knowledgeable which is always a good sign:Hooray:
    I would like to know in your opinion which is the best accord for city driving? Most of my driving is to and from work and that is city-centre so a diesel is not an option, or is it? I do go for a blast from time to time, but it is not as often as I would like so driving in traffic and so on is around 80% of my driving:Frown:

I have to say that I love the look of the S-type but maybe 2.0 would be better than 2.4 from economy point of view.
    There is nice black exec(not Type-S) in automatic I might look at soon but was wondering if that would be a good for me, hm...decisions decisions:Wink:
    Any input would be much appreciated thanks.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I was looking for an Accord from the start of the new year with just about the same considerations, lots of short city driving day to day (but long journeys a couple of times a month).

The difference in MPG between the 2.0 and 2.4 is all of about 5-8 miles per gallon, and then about 35BHP. I personally opted for the Type-S 2.4 sheerly because I found one that looked the part for a great price. I'd have gone either automatic or manual, though of course autos aren't quite as efficient on fuel.

The diesel heads may have their say here, but I'd go for a 2.0 Executive if fuel costs were a concern. I have a bad habit of putting my foot down so a 2.4 suits :Whistle:

vanderlei likes this.
  3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What mileage do you do?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi and welcome to AOC
    Based on what you said I would say 2.0 auto sound like best option.
    Auto is best for city driving,MPG will suffer but it would all the same in the manual.

vanderlei likes this.
  5. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    Not much 6-8 k the most, maybe I should buy a punto or smth:Wink:
    Also do you guys know any indy garages in Edinburgh area? in case I do buy a nice Accord:Smile:

something like this: Honda Accord 2.0 I-VTEC Type-S 4dr Saloon 2007

or this:Honda Accord 2.0 I-VTEC EX 4dr Auto Saloon 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Hi chaps thanks for your responses,
    Could you still hit v-tec with auto box??
    I've just posted links from autotrader but it went away don't know where?
    I'm only 32 and like to put my foot down from time to time if u know what I mean:Smile:

I was also thinking about mazda 6 or volvo s40 t5 but that would kill me in fuel.
    Thanks guys great forum

6. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    why i can not see my replays?

funny thing I have replied twice and there was a massage that moderator was to check it, strange...

any way I do around 6-8k miles per year so not much and I do like to put my foot down from time to time:Smile:
    I was thinking about volvo s40 2007 and mazda 6 but accord seems more and more appealing to me:Smile: just love it in black:Smile:

Last edited: Saturday 16th Mar, 2013
  7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you see it now?

8. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    yes thank you, sorry if I'm making a mess or send too many responses:Wink:

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Think there was a minor glitch with the forum, your replies are showing now. Yes VTEC is utilised on an automatic.

I haven't regretted my Accord purchase for one minute, best car I've ever driven and built so well. If you like cream interior that second link looks like a bargain, though with that low a mileage I'd question just how long it's sat out gathering dust. If nothing else it's probably a city driver that's seen lots of short journeys. Either looks reasonably priced.

Someone else will have to pipe in with independent garages in Edinburgh, Honda themselves can be pricey on repairs but of course they are always the best folks for bigger jobs.

vanderlei likes this.
  10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs at all,just fire away and hopefully someone can help.
    I love black Accords.Used to have one myself and think its best colour.
    Good luck in your hunt and i hope you find a good one.

vanderlei and DeviateDefiant like this.
  11. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    Thanks guys

With the one with such a low miles I am a bit sceptic but he is local so will call and maybe go for a test drive , other one is looking mint ,sat nav and all:Smile: and at 73k miles it's just run in I reckon:Smile: Hunt is on and I love it:Smile:

12. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    Hi chaps,

well I'm still looking and well it's getting on my nerves;-) as my Volvo is making such noises it's ridicules. Problem is I'm working all the time and can not go and look around, but I will make it will not give up;-)

what do you think about this? :Honda Accord 2.4 I-VTEC Type-S 4dr Saloon 2006

13. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That looks a nice motor only prob is how much it costs to tax them :Frown:

14. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
  15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Old mans car ??!! :Rolf: Your making yourself sound like Jeremy Clarkson, stop it !!

Looks good, low mileage too.

vanderlei likes this.
  16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like a fine example nice wheels too and the bullet proof petrol engine regular oil changes and there's no reason why that won't do over 200k miles! Exec has all the toys too!

vanderlei likes this.
  17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I would say the 2.4 auto exec would be a good buy. Decent power but convenient for stop start driving. Its nice having the extra toys and i believe that any exec in the 2.4 size is always fully loaded.

vanderlei likes this.
  18. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
  19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Why is that so cheap ? Can't be just down to the high mileage ... accident damaged ?

20. vanderlei Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

edi
    That is why I posted it in here, apparently it is as good as it's gets...something is fishy isn't it.

I didn't realized it's going to be so hard to find a good Honda, man I want it soooooooo bad;-)