Introductions Hi there 3rd Generation CR-V

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mikeyfraser, Wednesday 8th Jul, 2015.

1. Mikeyfraser Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mikey Fife
    Hi me and the wife are going to pick our 3rd Generation Honda CR-V up a week on Saturday and just getting on forum to see what's going on meet new people and learn more about the CR-V. It's a 2.2 I-CTDI ES 4 wheel drive with all the toys, sat nav, reverse camera, parking sensors etc.

Cheers

Mikey

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome @Mikeyfraser please feel free to ask your questions and hope you bag a good CR-V.

3. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Hi @Mikeyfraser welcome to THE ONLY club for all things Honda. A great bunch of people who'll give you all the advice and help if needed. This from a fellow former Fifer!

4. Mikeyfraser Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys. I think we have got our selfs a good one. 2.2 diesel with most of the toys for £7750 from a Honda dealer. What are these cars like off road? Was looking at doing a wee bit to see what it's like and so I know how to handle.

5. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Better than most people think but don't expect it to be a landrover, do a search on the Internet there are plenty of videos on there

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Decent tyres will make a difference of course. Mine went over snow and sheet ICE with no problem on all season tyres. Should be some videos here of it.

7. Mikeyfraser Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm thinking about them as its more the wife and her safety in the winter for work and with my daughter. Any links to the videos?

8. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    Just do a Google search it throws up loads

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I can't copy links on this phone but if you search my user name and the keyword volvo you'll find a thread called snow and you'll find them on page 2

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @Mikeyfraser :Hey:

Please add your CR-V to the Club Garage. She will show on the bottom of all your posts which also helps us when helping you.

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @Mikeyfraser :welcome:

Many congratulations on the CR-V. Have a good look around the CR-V section - there is loads of advice, and if you have a problem that isn't covered, plenty of members will try to help.

^^ As @Nighthawk says, there are some videos already in the CR-V section on this. I don't expect a CR-V would get you to the back of beyond like a LR Defender would, but for "normal" use in snow and on light off-road terrain they seem to be pretty well regarded :gohonda: