Introductions Hi there.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by joiner, Sunday 4th Aug, 2013.

1. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Just like to say hello and say what a fantastic site yourselves and fellow members have made this. Have been a browser for a while now as had a modded CL7 for 4 years but finally got my dream machine, volcano grey 2.4 ex tourer 09 40000miles a few months ago:Smile:. Really wanted a Type-S but as you all know they are like hens teeth, I can't complain though as the car came with sport kit 18" sigma alloys etc so made up for it plus you get some added bonuses over the Type-S. The sunroof however is a different story but when I get time I will have my gripe in the appropriate section:Angry:.Since getting her she has been treated to lowering, 19" alloys, tinted windows, full paint correction and a few other mods. Have to say the 8th Generation has not disappointed, the only thing I would love to change would be the auto box as this is my first auto in 19 years of driving and is taking a bit of getting used too but there again SCARCE!. Keep up the good work and would love to be more interactive with everyone on the forum as am not usually one to contribute to forums as finding the time is not easy. Might try and get some photos up if possible. Thanks again for the vast information and advice to be gained from fellow Accord enthusiasts.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Joiner. Roughly about a year ago I too would have said that I don't participate on forums, but here I am now a super mod on UK biggest and best Accord/Honda owners forum, I enjoy helping out fellow Honda enthusiasts and have leaned a heck of lot in the process myself as well.

So yeah, please do try and take time to participate, I bet before long at all the bug will bite you and you'll be on here all the time :Smile:

Please do post some pics, so we can see your mods :Thumbup:

3. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Thanks for the warm welcome SpeedyGee, will try and get pictures up but am not sure how, will ask the wife as she is forever on the computer with her forums. I would love to become more involved with fellow owners, as you say there is so much advice to be gained and shared. I know over the years I have had problems and found cures to problems that have appeared on this forum as am mostly a diy person but have just never had the time to become part of this growing family. Many thanks.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC
    2.4 tourer is definitely on my list for next car if I ever manage to find one in manual.
    Enjoy and post some pics please.

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello & Welcome along mate

6. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Ok folks pictures as promised.

View attachment 10897 View attachment 10898 View attachment 10899 View attachment 10896

Specs are as follows

2.4 ex tourer auto
    sport front bumper/grill
    sport side skirts
    sport rear skirts
    18" sigma alloys
    leather steering wheel
    rear rubber boot tray.
    All above was on the car when purchased but since then I have done the following

19" M200 alloys 215x35 tyres
    20mm H&R spacers front and back, wheel did not clear front calipers without them.
    H&R lowering springs
    Mudflaps
    Tinted windows
    Red Honda badges
    Honda sport pedals
    Lots and lots of TLC and pampering, believe me this car needed quite a bit of time spent on it with the dual action polisher etc as it had previously just been driven and not cared for, shame really as it really annoys me to see folk abusing cars, think it had been a reps car and had been washed by those idiots at the brushes and bucket forecourts:Rant:. Anyway hope it meets approval for the club and look forward to your comments good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 5th Aug, 2013
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Woowwww ! She's a looker !

Well thought out mods, nothing OTT, top marks !

Upload it to your "Garage" section on AOC, this could well be AOC Car of the Month for August :Hey:

BTW I fixed the pictures for you, we couldn't see them. To attach pictures click on Go Advcanced and then use the Attachments icon in there.

Last edited: Monday 5th Aug, 2013
  8. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Thanks for that, as mentioned not very hot when it comes to computers and forums but am learning.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It exceed all the requirements for us mate.. looks spot on!

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

No worries, your doing great. If there's anything you need help with just shout mate.

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is a beauty. Love it.
    If you don't mind me asking where did you get red H on the grille?

12. teejay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tony Northampton
    Yes, she's a beaut, a credit to you bud,for the obvious love you have bestowed on her.
    Agree with Speedy Gee, should be car of the month!

13. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    Hi Zoran, purchased last week off ebay, just type in Honda part No 75700-S5T-E11, 123mm x 100mm and it should be £19.99 +p&p. remove front slam panel cover, pull grill forward very slightly enough to get your hand and long flat ended screw driver down and try and flick the rear washers off the pins. If like me the pins will snap but that doesnt matter as the double sided tape is more than adequate to secure it. Hope this helps, I also bought a rear one but due to the curve and crease on the tourer tailgate it didn't fit, tried heating and bending but to no avail. Sooooo I removed the original rear badge, stuck red vinyle to match front red onto boot, replaced clips and badge then lightly with sharp blade cut round badge, peeled of excess and hay presto red badge. Should have done this for a start and saved myself £17.99. can put picture up if your interested.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  14. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks a lot for that. I am on my holidays at the moment but will buy front and rear when I get back home.
    Very interested to see pics.
    Thanks for sharing.

15. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    View attachment 10901 Here is the picture of diy rear badge on bottom as opposed to original Honda one that I cracked while trying to bend to shape. Could have saved myself £17.00:Angry:. Hope the picture works this time!! or I really will be in the bad books.

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ha ha pic work ok.
    Mine is a saloon so hopefully it will fit without too much swearing and banging with hammer LOL.

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Picture works a treat mate and your not in anyones bad books :Friends:

Now you mastered adding pics, let me give an advanced tip, if you edit your post, double click on the image you'll get options to make it larger :Smile: Give it a go

18. joiner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

angus
    This is like being back at school, I will do my best and give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited: Monday 5th Aug, 2013
    SpeedyGee likes this.