Introductions Hi, want to buy Honda Legend

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by timkk, Monday 8th Dec, 2014.

1. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

TBH, my heart tells me Legend, my brain Accord tourer :Wink:...arrrghhhh,
    BTW. Aren't Legend's owners scared of too much electronics in it? I imagine the likelihood of breakdown with all the gadgets is much greater than in cars with little to no electronics :Wink:.

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to HK Tim, not sure how I missed this one, so apologies. :welcome:

Why have you chosen to come to Honda? What making you pick a Legend? What others cars have you owned?

3. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, no problem :Wink:. Why have I chosen to come to Honda? Well, I think it offers the best bang for the buck :Smile:. Even though, lexus gs 450h is worth buying just for superb performance (you can't argue with 5.2s 0-60, can you?) I really need bigger boot! Legend's boot is still too small for me (Accord Tourer would be perfect but then again, legend is one step higher...grrrr, choices, choices). I guess, you can never have everything you want, can you? Also I want a reliable car, which I think, Honda is :Smile:.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome @timkk. :welcome:
    Yes, Honda is the most reliable make. For practicality, the tourer wins, but for driving pleasure, hmmm, that's another matter.:Grin:

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    We see the occasionally electrical niggle on the Legend in the club, but the same can be said for any model and I wouldn't say for example they're any better or worse on the front than the Accord. Worth nothing that the few we see pale in comparison to the amount most German manufacturers suffer with.

Both the Legend and Accord are Japanese designed and built models with stellar reliability, on the Accord front the petrols are most definitely the best of the bunch - but properly maintained the diesels do just fine too, the key is proper servicing.

A K24 Accord vs J35 Legend would be the hard choice for me, the only reason for me that the Legend has never been on the table is the A/T and it's visually not as appealing as either the 7th/8th Generation Accord (that's subjective taste of course).

My K24 Accord is sitting just north of 200hp, that'll soon be closer to 250hp. On power to weight, and having a M/T, it would easily take a Legend. Stock for stock, the Legend has it, but not by as much as you'd think.

6. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do you mean A/T in Legend has got some known reliability problems or just that it's a bit slow/dated?

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Neither, I'd just rather drive a manual transmission in a saloon :Laughing: The automatic transmission itself is generally flawless.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  9. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks guys, the chap on this thread really guy called Tom came and bought my legend. I am gutted but really pleased at the same time that its gone to a good home I am sure that the members on here will give Tom the same help and advice that I have received over the years.

I am not going any where and I will still offer help and advice if anyone needs it as I have become quite an expert on the legends.
    One day if my circumstances change I hope to own another.

Thanks all

Matt

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Glad the sale worked out for you mate, il close your for sale post

11. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

MickyB likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats ! Nice car that one. I had actually discussed purchasing it myself good few months ago with @mattyg but he wasn't quite ready to sell it then.

When he put it up for a sale a few weeks ago, I was no longer looking for a Legend. Hey ho, that's life.

Enjoy the car and please do hang about on HK :Smile:

Nels likes this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There is a good group of Legend owners on here @timkk :Friends: and I'm sure you'll love your KB1.
    I look forward to seeing the next chapter of this beautiful Legend and remember, you only have to ask if you need any help or advice.

Nighthawk likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to the club