Introductions Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by IC3, Tuesday 24th Mar, 2015.

1. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone, I'm a young Japanese cars fanboy currently in search of an EP2. The first honda in our family was an 01 Accord 1.8 VTEC Sport, we did nearly 90k mileage and even at 145k on the clock the car was still going strong. After I saw how reliable and well made are hondas, I thought that for my first car I'll buy an EP2. But so far I have been really unlucky with searching for one that hasn't been abused or either the seller wasn't dodgy. By dodgy I mean narcotic dealers and scum...

Oh yeah, a picture of the accord before it got sold at 145k....
    2e4ba3841e7e427e6719ba329f5768ee.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @IC3 :welcome:
    Accords are renowned for their reliability.

Good luck with the search for your EP2.

IC3 likes this.
  3. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you! :Grin:

BTW, How can I post a thread in the marketplace?

4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck with your search for an EP3, I mean EP2 - lol.
    Ep models are getting on a bit now and it will be harder to find a mint one unless you pay over the odds for it.
    One will pop up sooner or later.

I think you have to wait until you reach a certain number of posts before you go post in the market place

IC3 likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You need to be a 'Club Member' or higher, or a 'Club Supporter'

Details in the FAQ Section

IC3 likes this.
  6. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well... 1 guy had a nice silver EP2 but after cancelling arranged viewing 4 times in a row, and wanting me to see the car when its dark I thought it was dodgy. Wouldn't you? Another story is with an grey EP2 for which we met at a McDonald's parking, he told us a road in front of it and said that he took the car for a "wash", that was total BS... Now the lovely red EP2 is either a scum or they're lying to me that its sold due to my accent, not entirely sure. I called them 4 times with different phones using different tone in 1-2 weeks breaks, the guy said the car was sold. I called him once more around 3-4 days ago and he said that the car was sold last weekend which is BS as he said it was sold couple weeks ago. I'll get my friend with a very posh accent to call them and see what they'll tell him...
    P.s. I forgot about a guy who had an silver EP2 in silver with grey mirror's (they were silver in the pictures) and the car was Cat D which was my fault for not checking, thankfully we were coming back from viewing one car and it was on the way...

BTW I nearly bought an EP1 from an orderly women, the car was really looked after. But unfortunately the gearbox was busted, well it was going as it rattled on 1st and if you listend carefully you could hear it on the 2nd.

So yeah, I'm unlucky so far with searching for a nice example of EP2 for which I don't mind paying more... I'll see a 'modified' EP2 on Thursday as it doesn't look bad apart from the fake Type-R look which is comical. I have also found an EP2 near my friend in Scotland, he'll check that up in the next 2 days or so as its only 1 mile away from him believe it or not. If that car will be ok, I'll fly there and drive it here that's how motivated I'm to not drive a ford or other crap. :Grin:

7. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How do I edit posts? There's no edit button... or am I blind? :Tongue:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IC3 likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK @IC3 :welcome:

Hope you find your EP2 soon :goodluck:

IC3 likes this.
  10. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

:welcome:

IC3 likes this.
  11. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for those links. :Smile:
    Hello, Thanks! Hopefully a grey EP2 will soon appear, I don't mind which colour it is now. But grey would be ideal, or either the silver which isn't bad either. :Smile:
    Hi. :Grin:

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi @IC3 welcome to Honda Karma.

Sometimes finding good car can be really tiresome but hang on in there a good one will soon pop along. It's worth waiting for the right one as opposed to pushing yourself to buy something you are not happy with as you're fed up of looking.

IC3 likes this.
  13. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Welcome, hope you find a nice example soon :Thumbup:

IC3 likes this.
  14. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, Thanks! :Smile:
    I'm not sure if its my luck or is it generally just hard to find a nice example of an EP2 for which you don't have to pay stupid amount of money e.g. 3.5k+... I was thinking about 8th Generation, but the more I look at them the more I dislike them (no offence to 8th Generation owners. :Tongue:)
    Hi, Thanks! I'm slowly getting tired of searching everyday to see if any EP2 pop up, I'm not in need of a car even though my public transport to college and work sucks. But I managed for quite some time now, so I'll just stay patient for the right one and when I do I'll look after it. :Grin:

15. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to Honda Karma @IC3, best of luck with your search. I finally found a nice EP2 yesterday actually for the missus, they are harder to find now for sure unless you are willing to travel a bit.

IC3 likes this.
  16. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi and thanks again for the kind words, your missus Nighthawk Black looks really nice. I would love to find one looking like this, I don't mind travelling further as long as the car will be ok. I already did quite a lot of miles going to cars which looked nice on the photos and in reality when you checked them they had rust or signs of some sort of collision... I'm not giving up though, looking at different sites everyday in hope of something nice appearing for not a stupid amount of money. I really don't want to pay over 3k for an EP2, overall it is an 10/11 year old car tbh.

17. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is there any way I can send you a PM? I want to ask you something.

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

19. IC3 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, well in till his missus changes her mind that she doesn't like the EP2 :Tongue: But I wanted to ask him one quick question regarding the car...

P.s. Thanks for the link

I'm going to see these today,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503021373236

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503111632234

and still thinking about this one; http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201503221962425

20. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You kind of circumvent the whole purpose of a forum if you start asking question to individuals via PM.

Best to ask everyone openly on the forum, that way you get the benefit of lots of different views in response.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Not looked in detail but the first one looks good.

Superman001 likes this.