Introductions hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by benlovesgoddess, Wednesday 2nd Sep, 2015.

1. benlovesgoddess Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Bridlington
    Hello all - I came here to ask question! Got a 2007 2.2 diesel CR-V as our weekend car and to deal with snow and ICE. We really like it, especially as we're averaging 43 MPG. The everyday car is a Hyundai i20 1.1 diesel blue drive, currently returning 70 MPG. It has amazing headlights, while our Honda has useless ones. Do I just need new and powerful bulbs, or is there an issue with the mounting of the units themselves, or across the range?
    Cheers, Ben

2. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Hi Ben welcome.:welcome: :garage: I'm sure other CR-V owners will comment. A couple of thoughts, is the plastic on the headlight cloudy? There are several good products out there for polishing and restoring them. Are they aimed correctly? Not sure if they are self leveling or if there is an adjustment control in the cabin for them. You could just have them set to point too close in front of the vehicle. Otherwise the adjustment might be out at the headlight itself, (don't know if the MOT checks this its part of the NCT here though). You could try changing the bulbs to something decent as the previous owner might have put in whatever was cheapest at the time, some of the premium bulbs do put out a lot more light but at a premium cost.

Overall I've found Honda headlights pretty good across the range so it should be easily sorted. Hope it does well for you.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Ben :Hey:

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    hello and welocme :Niceone:

5. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Welcome to the forum Ben

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma Ben :Hey:

7. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

@benlovesgoddess
    Hi Ben, HK is a good place to be. :Niceone:
    @jd1959 offers good advice, the Phillips Extreme?, Osram Nigthbreakers or similar, even the Halfords Ultra Brilliance work well. If you time it right Halfords do a BOGOF on their bulbs.
    Although all of the high brightness bulbs have a shorter life span than normal bog standard halogens.

8. benlovesgoddess Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ben Bridlington
    Thanks for the welcome and info guys. We mentioned the poor lights at our last service and they said they had slightly adjusted them t correct - but we couldn't tell the difference! We'll try a new pair of bulbs, we were out late last night and it really brought it home as we crawled along at 40 mph, peering into the dark...!

9. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I'm not sure new bulbs will be of help as they aren't standard h4 bulbs from the photo they look like HID lights (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the lenses look to be in good enough condition, not sure why they wouldn't be putting out high levels of light. I'd look into the leveling system or aim again. Maybe someone with more familiarity of the self leveling system can help with suggestions for testing.

10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Welcome to the forum :Smile:

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @benlovesgoddess :welcome:

Hopefully somebody with a third generation CR-V will be able to comment on the brightness of the headlights. I don't think it's an issue that I've seen raised before, so it may be worth trying some new bulbs as a starting point...

:goodluck:

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I believe they are on BOGOF right now. :Wink:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma