Introductions hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kindz, Tuesday 4th Oct, 2016.

1. kindz New Member Getting Started

England Kindz Cheshire
    Hi guys,

Another newbie here, just signed up and wanted to say hello

Big Honda fan, Iv been driving hondas for the last 9 years now, recently sold my Civic Type-R after 4 years, of ownership, as I'm now in need of a bigger family car with my 2nd baby due any day now

I only have eyes for one car, an 8th Generation accord Type-S tourer, iv never seen the 2.4 petrol Type-S for sale so I guess I would have to go for the 2.2 diesel.

Trouble is, Iv never owned a diesel before and after doing some research online I'm a bit concerned about the DPF issues these cars have

I don't do a lot of mileage, only around 6k a year, will go up slightly when we have the little one, more days out etc, mileage would rise to 8-10k max I guess, I do a few short journeys every day 1-5 miles, and I drive to the gym 4 days a week 7 miles each way and mostly 60 and 40 MPG zones, and on average I say I would only use the motorway once a month ish

I'm worried that my regular driving pattern would not be enough to stop the DPF getting clogged up..

Any advice would be much apriciated

Zebster and FirstHonda like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi @kindz welcome to Honda Karma :Hey:

If you are only doing 6K a year, the petrol is definitely the one to go IMHO.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @kindz :welcome:

^^ It affects ALL manufacturers with DPFs fitted - a quick BING search shows threads on BMW, VAG, Kia and Nissan forums for a start.

Limited mileage + few longer journeys at higher speeds = petrol

Look out for a 2.4EX as @legend-ary says above. They do come up...occasionally!

:goodluck:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK @kindz
    The 8th Generation, UK, Type-S is only available with the 2.2 -DTEC engine.
    If you want a 2.4 petrol, have a look at the Ex Tourers?