Introductions hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by, Sunday 7th Apr, 2013.

1. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi every1 im a newbie to honda just got my first 6th Generation accord sport saloon n can't seem to keep out that VTEC lol. Maybe thats why im £100 a week on fuel . Was wondering what kind of back box to buy any ideas ppl thanks
  2. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

If you want an even better sound from that VTEC leave the standard exhaust on and put an induction kit in !! I too have a 6th Generation VTEC s and when I bought mine it already had an induction kit and seriously when the VTEC kicks in you'll find it even harder to keep out of it !!!! As my son says 'it sounds just like a race car daddy' lol
  3. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Already ordered a k&n panel filter for it and was looking at a direct fit backbox on ebay for it but its not stainless steel which is putting me off it. Especially when it's 140 bucks lol. Think im turning into a boy racer again and im nearly 30 with 3 kids lol
  4. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You won't get the roar with a panel filter you'll need a proper induction kit. I know what you mean about becoming a boy racer again lol
  5. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do they redline higher with an induction kit? Mines hits the limiter about 6200 and I know my m8s Civic screams further lol.
  6. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

If its a Type-R Civic then it would rev higher anyway but I haven't really redlined mine I don't like to do it !
  7. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah only done it when I first got it and when u keep it in the VTEC it pulls like a train. Only bad thing is the fuel consumption isnt that great especially when I deliver pizzas for a living lol
  8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    No Avander, there's no difference in redline possible with any mechanical changes. The limiter is set electronic via the ECU.
  9. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just read another thread there and some1 said there e m l came on after they fitted an induction kit and I only paid abt 40 quid for the panel filter lol