Electrical & Lights HID conversion review on 2011 i-VTEC Elegance

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by i-DSI, Thursday 10th Jan, 2013.

1. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Installed yesterday this kit in my car:
    Xenon HID set 35w H1 - AutoWolf.nl
    Biggest problem was the original bulb removal and installing the xenonbulb back in. I mean: no space at all, but this has got not that much to do with the kit itself. Carmanual is strange: change the bulb via the mudguard and loosen only on screw. Didn't work with me. Had to remove airduct cover, airbox, coolantexpansion and work with a small mirror to see what I was doing. Nice...
    If I may give one advice: if you want to install such a kit, don't hesitate and remove the bumper and headlights to start with. I did not do this, but if one day they need to go out or a bulb needs replacement, I will definitely remove the bumper and headlights.
    So if you are not familiar with working on cars, don't do this at home on your Accord 8th Generation. On other cars (like e.g. Civic 8th Generation) it might be piece of cake. It all depends on how easy you can reach the back of the headlights.
    With the kit came for free also 2 5W5 led lights. They are great! Nice result.

Sure, more important are the HID lights. And I can say: I'm happy with them! What a light quality. I went for 4300K lighttemperature, what is the best for pure light result and matches daylight best. And it does! On top of that: they're not 'blue' when looking at the car. But it shines with a discrete blue as you see on the pictures.

Took a picture before and after. In my garage I taped first the beam on the wall, to verify if the xenonlights would not shine any different. And they don't. Looks like I won't blind anybody:Smile:. And so far (one trip, I know...) no one gave any signs to me.

First 4 pictures are pairs: before and after conversion. Same place, same conditions. 5th is the xenonbeam on the wall, tape is put with stock lights. As you see: not different.
    Took these pictures with an old budget camera: 3 and 4 show ligh above the real beam. But it isn't there as intense (see 5). Think it's caused by the parking lights or reflection in the lense. Always willing to answer questions if any...
    Before
    DSCN6824.
    After
    DSCN6832.
    Before
    DSCN6827.
    After
    DSCN6829.
    DSCN6830.

Last edited: Thursday 10th Jan, 2013
    Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What an improvement,really bright.
    Wish it was legal in UK to install it without washers,self leveling lights etc.
    I would do it then.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I-DSI

Just changed the layout of the pictures for you :Wink: brilliant work buddy :GoodJob:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Change the parking bulbs to LED to remove all traces of yellow light!

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Euh...it isn't legal here... My 'technical inspection' is valid until somewhere in 2015 (April I think). I will need to remove them when going. But in Belgium I have never heard of any police action against illegal HID lights. I think they have no authority to check your car in such detail. They're no technicians. This is not a broken bulb, what is an obvious violation. They will need to take your car to technical inspection centre and have it checked if they doubt. I just need to show my last inspection document if I'm pulled over.
    I heard it became legal in the Netherlands to do what I just did.

The LEDs came with the kit and are installed. The bit of yellow light comes because of the 4300K color I picked in combination with projection lense. The lense breaks the light, and yellow is part of that. You would need above 5000K to avoid that, but than the pure light efficiency goes down.
    Thanks for the pictures. I wondered what happened...:Aghast:

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very good.

Almost looks OEM HID to be honest. :GoodJob:

7. Jay2512 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Walsall
    Nice Job. I fitted 6000k lights which edge into white/blue. On the drive home up the motorway its funny how many people move over!! Haha