Electrical & Lights HID Kit Ordered + What Foglight Bulbs?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Sunday 17th Jan, 2016.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've found that I really, really missed my HID lights on my old sports car... Couldn't fit them to my Mondeo Ghia X as the numpty who ordered it never specified the Xenon headlights... So I was left with Reflector... YES you heard that right... Reflector headlights. You can't fit a HID kit to them.

But now with the Accord, I'm back with projectors once more (just one of the reasons I like Jap cars)... and after restoring the headlights, I'm in need of some extra light.

So a set of 6000k 55W Whites are on their way.... Might be able to fit them at the same time as I fit the replacement front foglight.... which I need to get new bulbs for... Some LED's preferably... Anyone know what type I need?

Will add some pics when they arrive and get fitted.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah, I've seen that... but I've got a CDTi which has different foglights and I was hoping that it wouldn't require the entire bumper being removed... Because I'll need help with that... Anyone in the east Northants area who can assist if I come to them in exchange for a few beers. :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Also, could some one please explain to me how the heck I am supposed to get at the bulb on one of these... I can see no clear point of entry, there are three screws on the front of which only 1 will turn due to corrosion, at the rear and side the frame appears to be riveted onto the frame which stops any access to what might be a cap at the top/bottom at the rear of it.

2016-01-17 17.55.23. 2016-01-17 17.55.13.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    There is an HID bulb which is designed for reflector lamps, it has a special cutoff design to stop glare. I had them in my 6th Generation Accord.

5. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark chesterfield
    them fogs same as mine i could not see how to get the bulb out

6. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

@Mark11 I've figured out to get the bulb cover off... there are three screws on the bottom, one of which is obscured by a bracket which has a hole in it... I assume to allow a screwdriver to be poked through. Sadly, 2 of the 3 screws on this one have the heads stripped so I cannot get them undone. I soaked them with WD40 for 24hrs before attempting to undo them without any luck.

I'm slowly starting to figure out how they are fitted... but still unsure if the bumper needs to come off.

7. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

so looks like u after to take all the fog light out to get the bulb out ?

8. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think that you should be able to get at the underside of the foglight from below to change the bulb... at least that makes sense to me... But it wouldn't be the first car with the most ridiculous long winder and convoluted way of changing a bulb... if it's not.

9. Mark11 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok thanks for that 'heckler will have a look need to change my headlight bulbs as well but not got round to that yet as i have got big hands lol