Electrical & Lights HID kit removal

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Rhys, Saturday 13th Apr, 2013.

1. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with the removal of the xenon kit that is installed on my car ? I think the bulb goes back in to the black connector but what I can't understand is that all the wires coming from the ballasts go straight to the xenon bulb and there doesn't seem to be any other wires coming from the ballasts ? I do have more photos of the assembly but I'm having trouble uploading them from my profile and the AOC app will only let me upload 1 photo :-(

Headlight 4.

2. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Another photo
    Headlight 2.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That second photo shows your original connector, disconnect the wires going into that and the ballast and xenon bulb can then be removed. You can then plug in normal bulb into that connector.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    You're right in that the only wires coming out of the ballast go onto the back of the xenon bulb.

That black block connector in your second photo will push straight onto the back of the standard bulb. Disconnect red connectors attached to it then remove the ballast and all it's associated wiring. When after market Xenon lights are installed the black connector is used as a power supply to power the ballast which in turn is connected to the xenon bulb.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I sound like a broken record !! Its does work don't insert pictures under Post quick reply hit go advance then upload them.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/1898/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I am using my phone to upload photos using the AOC site but it isn't doing anything I have followed your instructions ! I don't have a computer so using my phone will probably have something to do with it.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    if you phone Rom'd tweaked,modified.? You will need a computer to view your uploaded pictures via mobile apps or open the thread in browser on your mobile.

8. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thank you doc and speedygee :Smile: it all makes sense now ! I am a complete amateur at all this but I am learning :Smile: im glad there are plenty of people here willing to help

Last edited: Saturday 13th Apr, 2013
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Your welcome :Smile:

You've found the right place for friendly advise :Thumbup: