Electrical & Lights HID XENON Color

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rinesh, Tuesday 16th Jul, 2013.

1. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my 2003 2.4 Executive Accord.

- The car is standard equiped with HID lamps (XENON). I think the color temperature is 4300K or 6000K. Its good but i would like to have something like 8000K on it (Little bit blue- ish). I went to the Honda dealer and they said that for my car only the standard color which is fitted now is available. In the instruction book i see that the fitting is D2S. Can i buy 2 8000K DS2 bulbs and replace is with? Or will there be any problems?

- I want to change the park light, brake lights, interiour lights and signal lights with LED bulbs. Is this possible or will the (CAN BUS?) state that i have a broken bulb?

-My wheel nuggets are quite rusted even the wheel slot, since i've had my wheels powder coated i would like to change the nuts. What is the dimensions of the nuts i have to buy? Price @ dealer is approx €160, which i find expensive. But as expected they did not gave me the dimensions so i could buy and replace them myself :Blink:. Maybe any tips where i could find a decent set? Im looking for a chrome version so it will match the door handle and strips.

Hope to hear soon from u guys.

Kind regards,
    Rinesh

Last edited: Tuesday 16th Jul, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say you should be good with higher kelvin bulbs provided the the same Wattage rating, personally 4300 K is the best and give more light output.

The 8000K are too blue and you attract too much of attention to yourself, I can't see why you can't get D2S blubs with a higher K.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004JT1DDG/

Wheel nuts are expensive M12x 1.5 they have to be off good quality afterall its a safety equipment.

WHEEL NUTS HONDA ACCORD EURO R CL7 | eBay

Lastly no need for canbus LEDs look for a full diy on here, just search for it matey.

3. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    7th Generation Accords doesn't require CANBUS LEDs? Hmmm... thought they do. I've bought for myself number plate LED bulbs with CANBUS.

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    No don't need canbus at least not on 7th Generation not sure about 8th Generation

As for ds2 yes you could put 8 9 or even 12 in but for the love of god why would you? 4300 or even 5k give far far better light output. You could do it but you would end up regretting it plus they are much more blue and as blue is not entirely legal expect some unwanted attention at some point.

5. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys, thanks for the information. Yesterday i checked the HID in dark, and they are not so bad as i thought. So im going to stick to the original. Just going to change interiour,brake lights etc for LEDs and the wheel nuts.
    Also going for the Dension Ipod,USB,AUX kit and some backing up sensors, which are going to be installes this saturday. So sound will be ok, and parking will be a little bit easier

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They don't you wasting money buying canbus LEDs.

intruder likes this.
  7. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Cool! Good to know. Next time will try regular LEDs :Wink: