Electrical & Lights HIDs and auto lights

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by StuH, Monday 14th Mar, 2016.

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    One thing I desperately miss about my old Executive are the Xenon headlight. Halogen are rubbish, I tried some Philips 130% over the weekend, improvement? maybe but not much. I've purchased an HID kit, 4300k, 35w. I don't like the idea of fitting an after-market kit but I hate the standard headlights. Just flicking through the destructions and it mentions that you can't have auto-lights on, not a massive issue but you still have to go past the auto lights to manually switch them on and that will still activate the headlights. Is there a problem I need to know?

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:bump:
    :SOS: please

We need someone up on electrics to answer that for you @StuH

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks for the bump. I think you can use the auto function once the engine is running but they can't be on when you start the engine.

I'm still debating if to install or not to be honest.

4. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi @StuH I had 5000k 35w kit fitted by local Honda dealer, mounted behind the front bumper, the mechanic said they were a vast improvement over the halogens. He fitted aftermarket on his accord too. He said use as normal, obviously until the MOT regs are crystal clear on aftermarket kits .

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Interesting they put 5000k in when OEM is 4300k. I've installed mine, was very easy and everything tucked in the headlamp housing. don't plenty of miles tonight without a problem.

6. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

My HID wasn't Honda OEM, but there was no problem with fitting at Honda garage. :Smile: