Electrical & Lights HIDs!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Kieren Shepherd, Sunday 1st Mar, 2015.

1. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    Seen a couple posts about these, but just wanted to check a couple things.

1. Is it possible to get white Non-HID head lights?

I bought 'white' headlights for my Civic a couple years ago, but they weren't white at all.

2. What is a good brand to go for.

3. What 'colour' 6000k?

4. Simple installation?
    I found it quite a pain in the arse to change the headlights as they're in the wings.

Thanks as always!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    1) yes 6000k is white as you can get but I perfer 4300k as you get more light
    2) The aftermarket HID kits are all good with 99% from China! I would say the cheaper kits brands are as good as the expensive one , just Look out for warranty.
    4) depends on what you want if you want a slick install then you have to take the bumper off and then neatly route the ballasts and wires. Space is limited on the 8th Generation so a thought out install is the way forward TBH.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Kieren Shepherd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kieren
    Don't mind doing the installation assuming I can get the damn lamps in!

H1's for the dipped beam if i'm correct?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    4300k to 5000k is OEM brightness - they give the best light, the higher up the temperature chart you go, the less light is projected

H1's are right

Nels likes this.
  5. AccordBuzz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jack
    I have 6000k and I'm really happy with them. I (personally) would not go higher than that as it'll just look tacky.

I also managed to find sidelight LEDs that weren't 'blue' and matched the HID bulbs perfectly.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If you've got a picture or link to them, please let us know. :Hey: