General Highest Mileage i-DTEC Ever (Possibly)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Dave, Sunday 31st Aug, 2014.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just spotted this... almost 50k a year that's some mileage...

It's too expensive for that mileage and zoom in on that dash picture there's an orange light and the words "Diesel" but can't read the rest.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Be interesting to hear what she sounds like for that mileage.

3. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Whats it done???? can't get any information up!!!!!

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

192,240 :Whistle:

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

REP MOBILE

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I bet she'll do another 100k with ease, if she were a petrol I'd say she's still young :Laughing: That kinda motorway mileage is nothing compared to racking it up with city driving.

7. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks nels.

8. Antsah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    For a diesel on 250,000 miles and remapped, I wonder how many clutches it's gone through? :Laughing:

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Still, that's a good old mileage!

11. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Thing is though - cars nowadays love distance travelling, just sitting and chilling on a motorway - one of the quickest ways to kill a car is town driving.

12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks in good nick from the pictures doesn't look like it's done that mileage.

Not sure what that warning could mean - had a quick scan of my handbook and nothing jumps out at me. As it is in orange it's worrying as that is a warning of some sort rather than information.

DPF regen, water in fuel filter etc all symbols rather than words so not sure what that could be.

13. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Considering that the listing been there for nearly two months I guess there's a pretty big issue or the seller is not willing to budge on price.

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes given what I've seen so far this is one to avoid with the proverbial bargepole or at least work hard on the price and research what is actually the problem - it's a new one on me and the handbook doesn't suggest anything. Only thing remotely similar is the PGM-FI warning symbol but this will only apply to petrols I think.

15. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On my 7th Generation you can change whether of not you get an icon or text on the dashboard when you get warnings so instead of just a picture of a key I also get "Ignition Key" so maybe that could be DPF regen. What ever it's still over priced for the mileage.

16. Aspman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paul
    Bar a few stone chips it looks like it's lasted ok, interior too (ignoring the error). I wonder what state the DPF is in?