Introductions Hiya just picked up my 2005 Honda Accord 2.4 I-Vtec.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GavTheMighty, Wednesday 7th Nov, 2012.

1. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hiya all.

Got my shiny car seems to drive very nicely and I will be picking brains about stuff over the next few weeks.

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Right Car , right engine what else can you ask for !!:Happy:

Welcome to AOC Gav, if you need club sticker please drop me a PM.:Wink:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to AOC Gav
    Good choice

4. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks glad I made the right choice by the way can I ask a quick sneeky question I got the 2.4 S-type now in all fairness I have no clue what the S-Type part gives me over other models so if you have a moment please share lol.

Oh and for want of lack of details I got a:

Honda Accord 2.4 I-VTEC S-type 2005. 56k miles on the clock and Dark Grey type colour. Seems decent only things I can ever see being done are mostly changes of types don't know if these models eat them lol. :Smile:

Oh the price was £4900 (in case I got ripped off you can tell me here lol)

12 months MOT as well.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have a look at this bud the real brochures http://hondakarma.com/threads/67/

red dials,half leather seats,honeycomb grill, gear shift knob different dampers and springs and few other exterior trims and tweaks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  6. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info. Love the way this car rev's its like a quiet mouse if your just pottering along and then you plant your foot and your like woah where did that come from lol. Very nice!

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC. Congrats on the purchase.

I love the 2.4s, had one for the lat 5 years.

8. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks and yeah seems great so far. I have had just about everything in truth from a 1988 Porsche 924S, Ford Fiesta 1st Generation and modern, Nissan Micra 1986 lol, BMW, Ford Mondeo, Ford Focus, Audi A3, Land Rover Discovery Tdi 300, Vauxhall corsa, Renault 5, Peugeot 205, etc, etc, etc.

This is my first Honda so far so good Been trying to find info of any kind I can like Mods that are good, problems etc can't find a whole lot on these cars? Dunno if there are not many mods or if these cars suffer from very few problems but not finding a lot.

I did notice in my service history the guy that had it seemed to go through a lot of tyres? Liked to drive hard or something to do with these cars? :Smile:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yeah they can suffer from rear camber issues .. see this link http://hondakarma.com/posts/20479/

- - - Updated - - -

Actually thats not a good thread for info. Basically due to wear and tear they develop a camber on the rear.

To fix this you can either put in a new rear camber arm (these have been redesigned) or you can get adjustable camber links and have laser alignment done to correct the camber.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014