Off-Topic Hobbies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pottermus, Friday 15th Jun, 2012.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Apart from your involvement with cars, what do you enjoy soing the most in your spare time?

Lets see if any common interests raise their head within the AOC community

I'll start off with a pretty boring one with football. I have a season ticket at Stoke City, and usually get to around 10 away games per season. I sometimes go to the odd Spurs and Newcastle Town game as well.

Other than that, I like to take photos and drink beer (not at the same time). :Happy:

2. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I usually take photos after drinking beer so haven't taken a good yet ... :Smile:(

Malibu likes this.
  3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What camera do you have? I've got a D70s

4. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nikon d700, 24-70mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8. She took my euro photos which photoshop shrank to 10% for the web. What's your favorite lens/subject? I was in the Asian Cultures museum in Singapore, shooting through cabinets at 1250 ISO as no flash allowed. Very happy with the results but the 24-70 is a heavy, glass zoom.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't have a lot of spare time lately but when i get some time for myself even though i am on heavyweight side now i play football every chance i get.I love football and enjoy playing with lads.

6. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I used to spend my Saturday's following Sheffield UTD, sadly that's gone by the by & my daughter isn't into football either , the only sport of late for me is Zumba, but can't see many of u will have tried that somehow LOL

Like walking which is always useful when have a crazy dog around!. That's about all I have time for these days

7. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tried Zumba. The instructor couldn't keep up with me ...:Wink:

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Riptide Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Amongst other things I like a bit of Photography aswell.

Thought I'd share a pic I took last weekend.

7366634642_9dc5eec61a_b.
    IMG_6568-1 by Rippy4, on Flickr

SpeedyGee and Malibu like this.
  9. Tom163 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What a great picture! were is that?

10. Riptide Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We rented a house on the lake for my mums birthday. It was at the Cotswolds country water park. That was shot off the balcony.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nick that a brilliant picture I want to get into photography and get on the DLSR bandwagon , fire and forget cameras have huge limitation.

12. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol, wish I could say the same... I am co-ordinately challenged!!!

13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does playing PS3 count?

14. alvinaccord Member

bolton
  15. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice photos, guys. Rule of thirds and all that. Very sharp.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They do cool very slick Leon , you have done yourself proud bud. Reckon I need to take some classes or hook up with some pro locally.

I have to admit I am a total novice at DSLR, but would like to learn.

17. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Car, Bikes and photography in any order not bothered. Recent convert to DSLR from good old film.. Had several pocket Lumix digi cameras and found them very good. Got D80 and lens from camera from in Brum

18. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I love playing Runescape, talking with my friends on Skype and hanging out with my daughter playing Minecraft online. In addition, I like reading Kindle ebooks, hunting for freebies/samples online and blogging. I own a forum and that's another one of my hobbies. It's not about making money but hanging out with my friends and talking, another one of my hobbies.

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Occasionally play cricket and snooker. I like being creative and making things, examples of things I've made are:- ramps (for working on cars), compressor (again for garage work), welded up a metal work bench etc. I like to try and fix this myself rather than just hand them over for others to do this for me (especially cars).

20. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cars, Photography (as well as others), Taekwondo although stopped gong now as no time (but may rejoin), just started running to try to get fit and chill out. One of my pictures from where I used to live:

Attached Files: